Size really does matter GB

Hey all,

Just trying to gauge the interest in a group build for people that like their models BIG.

I'm thinking 32nd scale and bigger (for those 24th scale guys), anything goes provided it's in the BIG scale. I have asked the mods for 9 months rather than the standard 6 months since us big guys like to take it slow.

What do you all think?

Edited by PNW_Modeler

I would be on board for this if it included 1/48 big aircraft. In 1/48th the C-130 is huge and they make a fairly big range of aircraft in this scale also. You want a go big or go home GB it should include anything that is big. I'm actually trying to get a hold of a C-130 for a build I'm doing for my father. If something like this would be allowed I would jump in. JOSH

I agree with Devilleader regarding the smaller scale stuff. 1/72 C-5 anyone? Maybe you could allow 1/48 and 1/72 on an approval only basis.

I would also suggest that you could make this a cross discipline GB as well and allow large scale auto's (1/12 and larger), armour (1/16 and larger) and possibly ships (1/350 and larger). Again, just a suggestion, but I think it would make for a bigger :rolleyes: group build.

-Dave

I would also suggest that you could make this a cross discipline GB as well and allow large scale auto's (1/12 and larger), armour (1/16 and larger) and possibly ships (1/350 and larger).

-Dave

I don't know about that, since we now have armor, ship and car modeling forums too now, and specific GB's even, maybe we should keep those subjects for those specific GB's. They seem to have difficulty to attract builders, and allowing them in other GB's doesn't help.

Just my 2 cents.

Im in for sure

(you should add a pool to this topic )

ive got a 1/24 P-51D waiting patiently in the stash

i do like the idea of 1/48 monsters also

I don't know about that, since we now have armor, ship and car modeling forums too now, and specific GB's even, maybe we should keep those subjects for those specific GB's. They seem to have difficulty to attract builders, and allowing them in other GB's doesn't help.

Just my 2 cents.

Race car GB will be over by time this one starts and I'm not sure there will be interest for another. Taking a bit to get the auto going here.

I'd be down with including large sclae autos or armor. Especially if you're going to include 1/72 or 48th items that are just "large"

I've got a couple items I could do for this GB with or without including autos so I think it's a cool idea.

Unless I sell off all my aircraft by then which I've been hemming and hawing over.

I never knew that you could put 3 H-53s inside of a C-5. When the -53s were being transported, it was usually one on a C-17.

That is a pretty good idea, though. Now I have to see if there's a 72nd H-53 kit out there anywhere.

CH-53_01.jpg

CH-53_04.jpg

I was playing around with putting vehicles in there, or a mix of vehicles & shipping containers. HO scale shipping containers come pretty close, but I didn't get around to buying any before I left the states.

All the vehicles are 72nd Dragon kits. Got some good info from the C-5 guys, so with all the vehicles on the left, I would put the palletized shipping containers on the right side,

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

I really wish I was home now...

Ishthe47guy......

Yup if memory serves, 3 slick h-53 with a c-141 to carry all the gear boxes ect. But the norm was 2 h-53 and their respective parts on one c-5. There is a couple of 1/72 h-53 kits available. Who makes that kit?