Any recommendations for the Big Easy??

AHHH new orleans...

lived in the surrounding areas from 04-09. prior to "big Kat" there was one big hobby shop in N.O. proper (Hub hobby)and one hobby shop in westwego jammed packed with plastic gold (don't recall name). Hub hobby ended moving to Metairie and the other one closed up. at least at the time I was living in the area HUB hobby was the best stocked "plastic" model shop, with plenty of supplies. ran by some very fine folks, although don't remember their names... always very helpful and willing to order anything that wasn't in stock. there was also another hobby shop in Metairie on veterans blvd., on a small strip mall about 1 or two blocks west from clearview pkw. and veterans (target store)... although mostly RC, there had few plastic models and decent supplies.

one of the last hobby shops I discovered, was located a few blocks from the airport (in Kenner) "Electric Train Depot" ... although mosty train-centered, they had some plastic stuff and good amount of supplies (as far as I can remember.

I believe there was at least one more on the north side of the lake, but I think I found out about it when I was moving out and never got a chance to find it. I believe in Hammond or Mandeville

anyway, here are the addresses from google.

Hub Hobby Shop

3829 Airline Drive, Metairie, LA

(504) 828-6868

Electric Train Depot

2000 20th Street, Kenner, LA

(504) 466-5876 ‎

Category: Hobby Shop

Although its been a very long time, but hope it helps.

Ernie A.

PS. really mis the fine people in the big easy that made me feel at home all those years. :crying2: