Aztec Warranty Process

:stooges: Hi, It's a sad day. My aztec double action bit the dust after the tell tale click of fine parts breaking. The rod must have become stuck un beknownst to me. Anyone know the return process for repair? Have e-mailed testors , but no info yet. Thanks

I also have an AZTEK that has been, shall I say, "underachieving" for a while. I purchased and used the airbrush a fair amount since 1997. Has anyone ever returned an AZTEK? If so, what were your experiences? :stooges:

The instructions for my AZTEK are stamped with a December 6, 1996 date. Is the address under the warranty information on the instructions still valid?

This is the address I used to send my airbrush to be replaced (its on their website):

The Testor Corporation

440 Blackhawk Ave

Rockford, IL 61104

USA

800-962-6654

It took Testors several weeks to get me a replacement and unfortunately, I found the replacement to actually be of lower quality than the original :stooges: . I sent them my A470, but they sent me back an Aztec Contempo, which seemed to be a piece of junk (I could see that a rubber band was used to connect the trigger to the peg that operates the needle). Instead of trying to go through another run around with Testors to get another A470, I gave in and bought a Badger 150. I love it and there's no way you can go wrong with it. It may not have a lifetime warranty like Aztec, but its of MUCH higher quality and all metal. HTH! I know there are some who love their Aztec, but I never got the hang of using it without problems. A plastic airbrush just doesn't hold up like metal.

Best Regards,

Drew T.

thanks Drew for the info. I think I will get a back up brush. I'm considering the the Iwata eclipse , iwata hp-B, badger 150, or badger anthem 155. How fine of a line can you do with the 150? How is it to clean?

I haven't had a chance to play with getting a fine line, although I've heard of people getting pencil-thin lines with it. Just remember to keep the paint well-thinned and since the 150 is siphon feed, you'll have to keep the pressure at at least 10 psi to keep paint flowing. As for cleaning, I usually just run plenty of lacquer thinner through the brush after painting. Once in a while, I'll take out the needle and nozzle and clean them. Of course, the more often you dissasemble the brush to clean, the more likely you are to damage the needle or nozzle. Haven't had any experience with the other brushes you listed, but I'm sure some others here have. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Best Regards,

Drew T.

I sent in as Aztec 470 and I got a brand new Aztec 470 in return.

I was very happy.

I have two Aztec brushes at home.

I had to contact the through the website before I sent it in. No bills or receipts required.