Information needed please....

Good morning,

I was wondering if there is a definative list of the woes of the Great Wall P-61A L4802 posted anywhere on the web, and their respective corrections, fixes, free parts etc???

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Bug aka Jack

I have both GWH releases on my bench right now. They did correct the cowl openings and did redo the props but, they are still one-piece. The control wheel is twice the size it should be(they failed to correct that in the 2nd issue). They completely blew it with the "airbrakes". Easy fix though, simply snip the ends off of the PE pieces and mound them flat. The weight they suggest in the instructions is NOT enough to keep the model on all three wheels. I have developed a set of weights that will do the job.(Yup, shameless plug.) While I have yet to install the canopies, I have test fitted and I've found no problems with the fit. The 2nd issue kit has the canopy masks but, they are a bit oversized and will need a bit of trimming after they are applied(if the builder chooses to use them.) The nose gear strut is too short by 3 1/6", which gives the model a distinct nose-down stance. The P-61 should sit flat or slightly nose-high. SAC(Scale Aircraft Conversions) has a gear set for this kit that address's that issue nicely.

If you want/need more info, shoot me an e-mail.

Cheers, Terry

(Certifiable P-61 NUT!!)

I have not gotten my hands on the GWH version but I have built eight of the Monogram versions. I'm curious to hear other people's opinion if, with the errors mentioned above, is the GWH version still worth the 4x more that you'll pay when compared to the Monogram version? Just curious.

Thanks!

Eric