Very clean A model... but I see your ordnance is unmarked. Also, the exhaust pedals are present on your model, but 75-065 does not have them. Other than those two... I like it. :)

Nice job! Monogram have nice detail but are very difficult kits to build.

This one for me was a kind of refresher coarse on the basics. I really love this forum, its got to be the best ever for learning things about building and finishing better models. Thank you gonzalo for responding.

Very clean A model... but I see your ordnance is unmarked. Also, the exhaust pedals are present on your model, but 75-065 does not have them. Other than those two... I like it. :)

Thank you Postman623, I used the old monogram kit # 5801 which had the old exhausts. I did try to get an aftermarket set but they were a little pricey for my budget. I glued the exhausts lightly just in case I was able to find a cheaper set. I know I should know this,but could you send me a link to a pic of marked ordnance, I'm still learning, thanks. Thank you again Postman623 your comments are extremely valued.

Thank you Postman623, I used the old monogram kit # 5801 which had the old exhausts. I did try to get an aftermarket set but they were a little pricey for my budget. I glued the exhausts lightly just in case I was able to find a cheaper set. I know I should know this,but could you send me a link to a pic of marked ordnance, I'm still learning, thanks. Thank you again Postman623 your comments are extremely valued.

I understand the money issue.. having that problem myself at the moment. Here is what I could find on short order... its a good place to start. I will see if I can find something else that explains it in the same manner.

http://www.fast-air.co.uk/raf-nato-weapons-markings/

Try this one too...

http://galatea.meccahosting.com/~a000593d/Missile-Ref/missile-markings.html

Edited by Postman623

I understand the money issue.. having that problem myself at the moment. Here is what I could find on short order... its a good place to start. I will see if I can find something else that explains it in the same manner.

http://www.fast-air.co.uk/raf-nato-weapons-markings/

Try this one too...

http://galatea.meccahosting.com/~a000593d/Missile-Ref/missile-markings.html

Oh those thingys!! Da. I think I need another cup of coffee.

That's a beautifully built a/c wisco8. Very nice work. The work on the exhausts looks great. The only thing I would do is maybe give it a slight wash to bring out the panel lines, but that's just me...I like my birds dirty, and my planes... :rolleyes:

Thank you Crazy Snap Captain. This is the old Monogram kit with the raised panel lines, I tried to expose the panel lines by lightly sanding, I was able to expose most of the lines but they are hard to see in the photos. I'm going to try to make them pop a little more but I don't know what to use to make them pop , I can add some light streaks here and there also for effects. Thank you again Crazy Snap Captain, your help is highly valued.

Thank you Crazy Snap Captain. This is the old Monogram kit with the raised panel lines, I tried to expose the panel lines by lightly sanding, I was able to expose most of the lines but they are hard to see in the photos. I'm going to try to make them pop a little more but I don't know what to use to make them pop , I can add some light streaks here and there also for effects. Thank you again Crazy Snap Captain, your help is highly valued.

This may help you to get your raised panel lines to pop, http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=169405

Steven L :wave:

Great tip Steve! Now I won't be scared of buying Monogram kits anymore! :)

It works pretty good most of the time. Next one Ill have to bring them up a little more. Take care for now. Steve Cook

Your basic construction skills look really good. No seam lines, paint is good, etc.

I think the interior of the exhaust looks too white. I'd recommend using pastels or powders to brush in the dirty exhaust look. Also, you can use a clear smoke color to air brush in the panel line detail. Just apply it slowly and work it up in thin coats to dirty up the lines. It is easy to do. And adding some details to the weapons would definitely make it look nicer.

But like I said already all the difficult stuff, like seam lines and painting, turned out great.

Your basic construction skills look really good. No seam lines, paint is good, etc.

I think the interior of the exhaust looks too white. I'd recommend using pastels or powders to brush in the dirty exhaust look. Also, you can use a clear smoke color to air brush in the panel line detail. Just apply it slowly and work it up in thin coats to dirty up the lines. It is easy to do. And adding some details to the weapons would definitely make it look nicer.

But like I said already all the difficult stuff, like seam lines and painting, turned out great.

Thank you Fly-in-hi, Ill hit those engines a bit, and that is a super tip on the panel lines. Most likely I wont be able to do it with this one,because it just sold on ebay,but I will try it on the P-47 Monogram kit. Thank you again Fly-n-hi your feedback is highly valued, Take care Steve Cook.

Edited by wisco8

May want to consider FOD intake covers as I know the intakes on this kit are missing ducting back to the compressor blades. This is a kit shortcoming but one that is very noticeable at low angle viewing.

Ejection seat (again a kit shortcoming) is incorrect, should be an ACES 2. Go aftermarket or kit bash a better one. A good ejection seat can be a real eye catcher.

Don't see the gratuitous "No Step" stencils that are often found on Eagles. Check your references to see if this particular airframe had them. Hey are a PITA to apply but do add a lot of realism.

Check reference photos for that red canopy hold open cylinder/strut. The overall red colr looks simplified and toylike.

Want to commend you on getting all the basics right! Invisible Seams, no silvering, good paint job :thumbsup:

Edited by toadwbg

May want to consider FOD intake covers as I know the intakes on this kit are missing ducting back to the compressor blades. This is a kit shortcoming but one that is very noticeable at low angle viewing.

Ejection seat (again a kit shortcoming) is incorrect, should be an ACES 2. Go aftermarket or kit bash a better one. A good ejection seat can be a real eye catcher.

Don't see the gratuitous "No Step" stencils that are often found on Eagles. Check your references to see if this particular airframe had them. Hey are a PITA to apply but do add a lot of realism.

Check reference photos for that red canopy hold open cylinder/strut. The overall red colr looks simplified and toylike.

Want to commend you on getting all the basics right! Invisible Seams, no silvering, good paint job :thumbsup:

Hi toadwbg, great tip on the intake covers, the intakes are weak I agree. I do have an Aces2 ejection seat in one of my tool boxes, I think I can remove the one that is installed and replace it. I have a bunch of those no-step no-push decals in my spares decals box. Will check cylinder/strut,with my reference books. I did speak with the person who has bought it from me and he has allowed me to do some of the upgrades mentioned in this forum. Thank you toadwbg, your tips are highly valued.

The ECM pod under the left wing shouldn't be there. I (personally) would add a bit of weathering - but that's an effect that is easy to overdo, and is a matter of taste.

Hitch

The ECM pod under the left wing shouldn't be there. I (personally) would add a bit of weathering - but that's an effect that is easy to overdo, and is a matter of taste.

Hitch

Hi GEH737, thank you for a very important observation. This brings up a very important issue of researching a subject. For this kit build I did not do any research at all,and only used the instructions as a basic reference guild for this build. My goal for this kit was to improve painting, seam-work,canopy attachment, alignment issues,and other basic modeling techniques to improve on from others observations. Researching a subject is a more advanced way of bringing out all the details and historical facts of any given build. That is one reason we find so many beautifully crafted aftermarket accessories, photo-etched sets,and thousands of books with information devoted to a particular subject. Thank you so much GEH737 for pointing out this detail, your feedback is most appreciated and highly valued.

• 3 weeks later...

Gorgeous! Looks like it rolled off the assembly line. I have been contemplating my old Monogram F-15 from when I was a kid. You have inspired me to build it soon. Another example of a great model with raised panel lines. I like the extra clean look as well. You can't hide mistakes on a clean build like this and I see no mistakes. Great work. Straight OOB.

• 2 weeks later...

Well done, on the basics.