Krazy glue for resin to plastic

Just a quick question. Would Krazy glue work if I were to glue a resin nose to a styrene model? I'm putting together a Pinocchio c-47 and I have Krazy glue available at home or do I need to purchase something different?

Thanks

Just a heads-up:

It could just be the brand I'm using, but I've found it REALLY helps to swab down the two surfaces to be glued with some rubbing alcohol first (70% should be fine, 99% if you want a buzz). Both sides need to be super-clean for the pieces to adhere properly. I've done more than my fair share of holding and waiting.....and swearing.....before figuring this somewhat obvious little detail out. :bandhead2: :bandhead2: :bandhead2:

Hopefully this saves you the time!

Don

I didn't know that. So your saying the normal Tamiya cement won't work? Good to know as I'm about to start an F-16 with resin CFT's and was planning on using Extra Thin. No?

Resin and kit plastic (Polystyrene) are different materails and thus require something other than plastic cement (you mentioned Tamiya).

Cyanoacrylates (Super Glue/Crazy Glue) work well- bond fast and sand down to a feathered edge. These are inexpensive, often $0.99 or less at your local grocery or hardware store and bond quickly. They can have strong fumes and bond your fingers almost instantly! I sometimes use them to fill gaps also.

Epoxies can also be used. These take longer to cure (some are as low as 5 min) but also don't have strong fumes or craze clear parts. You can wash away excess with water before it cures.

• 2 weeks later...

Curious, I though CA glues were to bond resin pieces together. The resin pieces just to slid around, floating on the bead of CA glue. Even pressing together for a few minutes did not result in a bond. I had to use accelerator to get it to work.

Has anyone used E6000 adhesive for bonding resin parts?