Pacific War GB starting soon

So is the build on then? What are the requirements for starting a build? Do we just post some photos with a datestamp of the kit in the box and then just go building away?

Oh no I may have jumped the gun. No one had posted in the GB forums so I went ahead and started the P-40E this morning with out taking any pics of the kit in the box.

It seems to take a few days for the GB forum to actually open. Today is the 4th, so we are good to start, just save your work and post it when the offical forum opens up.

All I ask is show some progress during the build, it would be nice to see a a minimum shot of the box / sprues etc, and then a few steps between that and completion. You are welcome to get as detailed as you like as you build. A little blurb about the significance of the model would be nice (what is special about the subject, ace pilot, special mission etc).

All I ask is show some progress during the build, it would be nice to see a a minimum shot of the box / sprues etc, and then a few steps between that and completion. You are welcome to get as detailed as you like as you build. A little blurb about the significance of the model would be nice (what is special about the subject, ace pilot, special mission etc).

That is what used to be the spirit of ARC group builds. Seems to have diminished somewhat lately.

Still waiting on some items for the PBJ to come in. I'm trying to figure out how I'm gonna come up with some if the stenciling decals for it. There weren't many on the PBJs but there are a few that were specific. Unfortunately, they have never been printed in decal form that I know of and I have no clue where to find lettering small enough to make them. There's not enough to warrant having a custom decal sheet printed.

The horror...........the horror...............

Just a reminder the Pacific War GB is coming up fast, timed to begin on the 70th anniversary of the battle of Midway June 4-7th, 1942 running until January 12, 2013.

The GB is not limited to the US Pacific Theater of Operations. It includes all aspects of the war the Japanese called the Greater East Asia War. This includes the Pacific, South West Pacific, CBI, and South East Asian theaters, as well as the second Sino - Japanese war (Japan vs China 1937-41) and the late war entry of the Soviet Union.

Open to all types of model, aircraft, armor, ships, figures etc. What ifs allowed on a case by case basis, but if a prototype was operational by August 1945 it will probably be acceptable.

Definitely in for this, Sir.

Probably with an Academy P-40N, possibly a Hasegawa Ki-43-II (in 1/72 of course).

I already have a good jump on the Rufe I am working on, I'm just afraid it might be done before the forum comes up. The float cart is done, all three floats are finished, and now I'm working on the cockpit. Since its an OOB build, and its Tamiya, its cruising right along

I already have a good jump on the Rufe I am working on, I'm just afraid it might be done before the forum comes up. The float cart is done, all three floats are finished, and now I'm working on the cockpit. Since its an OOB build, and its Tamiya, its cruising right along

Yeah, you have to be careful with some of those Tamiya kits. Hit a bump in the road on the way home and it might be half built when you open the box. :banana:

I already have my eye on the next build, the promedeller SB2C helldiver. It's been at the LHS so long every time I go I pick up the box and think about it, and the box is covered in dust. So this is the perfect time to give it a good home

Well while we wait I guess I'll list my build.

I've got my own GB starting in two months time (living history, check it out), but in the interim I'll be focusing (mostly) on this group build. I hope that I'll be able to build a few single engined aircraft while running my own gb.

I've had a bit of an itch to build Pacific war stuff. Recently I read Christopher Bayly and Tim Harper's book, Forgotten Armies: The Fall of British Asia 1941~1945, which chronicles the political and military struggle in Malaya, Burma and India during WWII. Its inspired me to build several single engined fighters in 72 OOB.

However this GB will give me an excuse to work on two projects that I want to start on. The first is continuing a slow build of mine for the past few years.

3T14.jpg

I doubt I will be done, but hopefully I'll make a good dent into it.

The second small project is to recreate a deck scene from the Akagi on December 7th 1941. I've got two Fine Molds A6M2s, the Hasegawa Pearl Harbour dual boxing, as well as two Kates with high altitude bombs (though I might not use them.) I also might want to do a different carrier, like the Kaga or Zuikaku. I guess I'll determine which one I build based on which carrier I can find the most reference material on. Any suggestions?