Cuerpo de Aviacion Militar de Guatemala P-26

In 1943 seven Boeing P-26As, in Panama along with spare parts were transferred from the US Army Airforce to the Military Aviation Corps of Guatemala. Two P-26s remained in service until 1956 when they were replaced by F-51s. These two were saved from the scrap yard and donated to museums in the United States.

Planes of Fame in Chino, CA got the first in 1957, and the Smithsonian got the other in 1958. These are the only original P-26s known to exist, Planes of Fame recently restored their aircraft to flying condition.

I'll be using the 1/72 Revell P-26A kit with Aztek Models Quetzales Viejos Guerreros decals.

GP261.jpg

I'm getting a late start due to a move and new job, but I think I can squeeze this one in over the next week squeeking under the deadline.

GP262.jpg

We have a Pacific war GB starting up next week, a Philipine P-26 would fit right in. I'm thinking about doing one myself if Revell really reissues the kit this summer (this is the last P-26 kit in my stash).

Quick work, Sir!

Where did you hear Revell will re-issue their P-26? It would be great if they did. In some ways, this is better than the more recent Pavla kit, in my view.

It was in their announcement of "new" kits for the year. I don't have the link anymore but it was floating around the forums back in January. The RoG site shows it in their line up and Tower Hobby is showing an expected delivery date of July.

• 2 weeks later...