• Gun Trucks
    • Self Propelled Guns
    • Humvee's & Other
  3. 3. Scale

• 1/35
    • 1/48
    • 1/72

Gents:

I'm thinking of expanding my decal line into armor. Would like to know what you are interested in. Is it WW II, Korea, Vietnam, Cold War, Desert Storm, or OIF/OEF?

Would you like to see just Traditional Armor, SP Guns,Gun Trucks, Humvee's and the like?

Would scale would you like as well.

Thanks,

Mark S.

Wolfpak Decals

Edited by Mark S.

Would love to see some of the modern stuff like the Transformers, GI Joe and other related items that have been added to a whole host of HUMVEEs and tanks. Also, there was a HUMVEE pic a few years ago that on the the gun shield had the ASU mascot, Sparky on it.

For armor more than aircraft, standardized stencils seem to be most important: letters, numerals (for fender/hull codes, as well as turrets), maneuver markings, unit symbols. This could be for various armies in various eras. The problem with these sheets is that they don't appear as flamboyant as aircraft, where even one or two low-visibility jets on a single sheet tend to have sufficient unit-specific markings to appeal to the shopper. It's not that tanks never have unique markings. Artwork has and still does occasionally make it to turret faces, but generally most AFVs and support vehicles have a pretty bland set of markings applicable to decals. Indeed, for World War II allied AFVs, I've started masking and painting stars on.

That said, there are products out there for armor markings, and I think there's still a market for good sheets of decal armor stencils. Produce sheets of bumper code stencils for various eras of the U.S. Army, for example, that allow the user to piece together a wide variety of different units. The requests for Vietnam markings, for example, could be met with a sheet for standardized stencils, then sheets for various artwork that was seen specifically on M113s, M551s, M48A3s,and so forth, including helmet art (peace signs, "sock it to me!" and other such '60s iconography) in 1/35th scale. (I'd buy several copies of standard sheets, and the M48A3 sheet today). Or produce a sheet of two different styles of Warsaw Pact turret numbers from the late Cold War, and have a research blurb included on exercise and maneuver markings (who wore the white "racing" stripes, when, and why). Or perhaps a sheet of standard stencils for the Australian or Canadian forces in a given era. Or ammunition cases, ration cases, and artillery round stencils (timely, with all the artillery kits recently available). These are just examples.

1/35 decals for various US Vietnam war subjects already exist, but sets for ARVN, PAVN, Cambodian and Laotian vehicles would be useful.

Totally agree with you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...