1/48 Generic German tail number decal search

Does anyone know of a company that sells generic tail number decals? I do a lot of WWII German fighters and bombers with paint schemes I see in books (well a few that I have not seen as well for fun). I paint most of what I can, but the tail numbers (as in the work numbers - I think that is what they are called) are a biiiiiiittttttt too small for me to paint. I have tried dry transfers, but I have had too much problems with them. Adding them on at such a late point in the build - and doing them straight - is terribly difficult.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

There were a million different styles & sizes of them. A generic sheet wouldn't be terribly useful.

I am talking about the 5 or 6 digit numbers that were up high on the tail. They were almost always in black or white with no outlines. Most were pretty standard in appearance and they were usually right above the swastica ..... Not the fuselage codes.

I am talking about the 5 or 6 digit numbers that were up high on the tail. They were almost always in black or white with no outlines. Most were pretty standard in appearance and they were usually right above the swastica ..... Not the fuselage codes.

Peddinghaus decals in Germany do generic numbers but not the ones you need I believe.

http://www.peddinghaus-decals.de/

TL also German are quite good for the general stuff as well:

http://www.tl-modellbau.de/en/TL-Decals/

I'm talking about the Werk Nummers, not codes. There was nothing remotely like a standard for them. Every ac type, factory, and production batch was different if you look closely.

I'm talking about the Werk Nummers, not codes. There was nothing remotely like a standard for them. Every ac type, factory, and production batch was different if you look closely.

I know what you are talking about, I also know what Bill is talking about.

Both Peddinghaus and TL do generic number sheets in a variety of scales.

Maybe something useful can be found on those websites, that's all I meant.