Hasegawa 1/48 F-22 Raptor

That's one good looking Raptor. I know others will be curious as well -- what paints did you use? They looks spot on to me! Looks like you even have the nice metallic sheen to the finish. Inquiring minds want to know how you pulled that off.

The colors are: Xtracolor X136(FS16375); X132(FS16251); X157(FS16176) (Mod Eagle)

X157 is too light and blue: it was darkened with tamiya flat black and given a purple tint using oils thinned with white spirit.

X136 and X132 were given a few drops of white.

Sheen: several coats of tamiya clear with some drops of tamiya chrome silver (all enamel).

The idea is from: http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_19078.html

Thank you guys for kind words.

RedCrown

I airbrushed Mr.Surfacer 500 around all ram patterns several times and then sanded it from raised surfaces (Mr.Surfacer 500 is ideal fo the task in my opinion - it sands easier than other primers)

Very Nice!! It looks amazing. I Happened to see one near Palmdale last month and it sends chills down your spine once you see it then hear it! Your build represents one of the best i have seen.

Bolschoj Phantome, rpeck, macbain, Amen, Wayfarer 30

Thank you.

One of biggest mistakes in this model is that the edges of dark gray blotches of camouflage are too soft. :bandhead2:

Besides I haven`t replicated an interesting effect: on some raptors (especially weathered ones) dark gray blotches look like they have been outlined with a slightly different shade of gray.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...