Proposed GB information and Submission template

Hi guys

GB season has started off with tons of great ideas in 2012. To help getting your Group Builds into action here are a couple of steps to get there

First of :

WE strongly recommend that you start a Poll thread in the General Discussion

Dates may vary but if there is interest we will try to find you a slot in the calendar

Secondly :

Fill in this template and post it in this thread(you may also use it in your Poll thread). For dates refer to the Group Build Rolling Start calendar (please read)

The GB mod team will cast a vote and contact the mod(s) for official dates. Once approved it will be added to the calendar.

Bonus:

There are tons of different ways to get some sponsors for GB raffles, they do make thing more motivating! Raffle are not mandatory but trying to get a couple of sponsors is not hard it just take a little time. Ask around the forums(GB ex mods, ARC sponsor forums, ARC GB moderation team etc)

MOST IMPORTANT HAVE FUN

From your local ARC Group Build Moderators

---------------------------------------------

Template

Name:

Dates:

Mods:

Link to planning thread

Description:

---------------------------------------------

Edited by Neo
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Name: Bad guys Group build

Dates: Jan 1 2014- July 1 2014

Mods:phantom and anyone who might help

Link to planning thread Bad guys group build

Description: ANY country and airframe that is used and marked as an aggressor/ adversary. Top gun bad guys, A-4s up to F-18s, USAF F-5s, or even Eagles in experimental paint schemes for DACT purposes. Canadian 441 squadron CF-18 hornets WITH red and yellow Bort style Maple Leafs from Maple Flag a couple years ago. CF-101 Voodoos with mopped on Camo or the red (or blue) air combat markings. Soviet airframes with US markings used in (for example) Have Donut experiments.

As long as its a known aggressor DACT airframe. If in doubt, supply a photo and explaination. No what ifs. Must be a real scheme on a real plane.

• 2 months later...

Name: NASA - 2 Degrees of Separation

Dates: Whenever soonest available but if not sooner I propose a start date of July 29th, 2014 (The anniversary of the day the National Aeronautics and Space Act was signed).

Mods: Myself and any dumb schmucks that are willing to help.

Link to planning thread :http://s490816932.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=268028

Description: Subjects that are directly from or in-directly closely related to NASA. I want to capture all genre's attention, Aircraft, Space Craft, Armor, Ships, Automotive, Figures etc...but to not have it too open, limit it to subjects related to NASA. I think part of the fun will be the unique subjects that make people say, "wow!, I hadn't thought of that as NASA but sure enough it is". And of course the typical Apollo, shuttles etc... This group build should have been thought of around the shuttle's retirement but I didn't think of it.

Thanks,

Bill

Edited by niart17
  • 2 weeks later...

Name: Japan Self-Defense Forces 60th Anniversary Group Build

Dates: July 1 2014 to January 1 2015

Mods: Me (White Wolf), spejic, others TBD

Link to planning thread: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=268577

Description: On 1st July 1954, the Japanese Self-Defense Forces was established as the country's unified military force. The GB will commemorate its 60th anniversary in 2014. Any subject, in any scale, that is or was in the Ground Self-Defense Force, Air Self-Defense Force, and Maritime Self-Defense Force since its inception will be allowed. This will include armor, aircraft, and ships. No what-ifs, sorry.

Edited by White Wolf
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Hornet's Nest-ARC F/A-18 Hornet Group Build

July 1, 2014-December1, 2014

Colin K (more mods to be announced)

My lhttp://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=269887&st=ink

All Hornets, all variants, all scales, all kits, all operators!

Edit: Hey hey! We're up to 30 yes votes!

Edited by Colin K
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Name: StarFish Group Build

Dates: 1 Sep 2014 to 1 May 2015

Mods: bashace (searching for additional Mod)

Link to planning thread: My link

Description: This build is all about F-104 Starfighters and Mig-21 Fishbeds, early rivals in the supersonic fighter market, both with long and distinguished service. All variants, Air Forces, and markings accepted (no what-if's, sorry).

Edited by bashace
  • 1 month later...

Name: ARC Tiger Meet Group Build

Dates: 1st January 2015 - 30 June 2015

Mods: Crazy Snap Captain (searching for additional mods)

Link to planning thread: Tiger Meet GB Thread

Description: Any aircraft that has participated in any Tiger Meet. All scales, all aircraft. Aircraft must refer to an official Tiger Meet aircraft. No Whatifs.If approved I'll source out sponsors and prizes.

• 3 weeks later...

Name: Supercar GB

Dates: open to whatever holes are on the GB calendar

Mods: myself, 2qwik4u

Link to planning thread:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=277193&pid=2639444&st=40entry2639444

Description: Any auto that can be classified as a Supercar in any scale. Race versions are accepted as long as the car is not a one off race car but derived from a road going or worthy Supercar. Concept cars also welcome.

Got 21 yes votes. Good enough in my book for an auto build on here. Open to whatever dates you want to have it.

Template

Name: SAR Group Build

Dates: 1 Jan 2015 - 1 Jul 2015

Mods: Emvar and phantom

Link to planning thread

Anyone interested in a SAR Group build?

Description: Any SAR airframe or vehicle. Military or civilian whose PRIMARY mission is SAR or Combat SAR.

Standard 6 month Group build. No what ifs. Lots of colour and SAR specific marking preferred but as long as the primary mission is SAR its good to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Link to planning thread:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=277193&pid=2639444&st=40entry2639444

Description: Any auto that can be classified as a Supercar in any scale. Race versions are accepted as long as the car is not a one off race car but derived from a road going or worthy Supercar. Concept cars also welcome.

Got 21 yes votes. Good enough in my book for an auto build on here. Open to whatever dates you want to have it.

Well?

Link to planning thread:

Got 25 yes votes!

• 3 weeks later...

Name: Big Kit, Big plane, Small (ish) scale

Dates: July 2015 - Jan 2016

Mods: myself , and Check Six

Link to planning thread Here

Description:

Build a big model of a big plane, in 1/48th or smaller scale. Just about every modeler with a healthy stash has at least 1 big kit they they will probably never get to. This group build seeks to be the motivation to finally get to these poor abandoned large kits.

A "big plane" is a multi engine Cargo plane, Airliner or Bomber

A big kit is something not smaller than a 1/48th B-25 . Since there was a bit of confusion I have decided this would be a suitable reference point.

Or to put it another way, "If I build this thing, where the heck will I put it?"

Kits should be unstarted. minor paint work is OK

Aftermarket decals OK

Conversion Kit : OK (something like Koster PBJ)

Kitbash/scratch-built Conversion: OK (example: using two kits to stretch a fuselage...scratch building a new tail to make a B-52D into a G)

Aftermarket resin/PE is ok as long as it was purchased already -if you had the project planned a while back, but never got to it, do not let it go to waste

Examples of eligible kits:

This list is not exhaustive, but a guideline. Moderators will have the final say.

1/48: B-1, B-17, B-24, B-29, B-58, B-25 , B-26 marauder, B/A-26 Invader, DC-3/C-47, C-130, Catalina, Canberra, JU-52, HE-111, DO-217

1/72 : B-1, B-52, B-47, B-36, C-130, c-133, C-123, C-141, KC/DC-10, C-119, A400M , Boeing 7X7 series, Tu-95, B-47 KC-135, AMT flying wings, XB-70, C-5 , C-124, Constellation, V bombers, Nimrod, P-3, S-3, C-2, E-2, Gigant

1/144: 747, a380, Spruce Goose, C-5, C-124, Martin Mars

Media: Resin, Vac, or Injection molded

Raffle:

No prizes yet, but sponsors are more than welcome

Note :

I have run a successful group build on a car modeling forum, please let me know if you want to see it.

Edited by Kurt H.
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi GB Committee!

Name: Shelf Queen Group Build

Dates: January 1 to July 1,2015

Mod: CorsairMan

Link to planning thread Link

Details: A GB for kits we've started but just never got around to completing. Any model, any scale, any level of completion...simple really. Were here to get models built. Participants will be encouraged to finish as many as possible.

We got the votes relatively quickly and as of November 7 we have 35 votes.

Let's have some fun! I'l look into some sponsors for the build. Likely not as much as for the Corsair build though - that became a little pricey to ship!

Edited by CorsairMan
  • 2 months later...

Name: The Graveyard Shift (Night interception / Night attack)

Dates: 9/1/15 to 3/1/15

Mods: Aaronw

Link to planning thread

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=277935&st=0

Description:

Aircraft designed and used in the dark and bad weather, night fighters, all weather interceptors, night / all weather bombers and night / all weather attack aircraft, night / all weather surveillance aircraft. Prototype and plausible what if aircraft will be considered.

Prior to 1960 the role between night / all weather aircraft was fairly clear, they could generally be identified through the use of dark colors and / or special avionics. Rather than a list of acceptable aircraft or the use of a hard cutoff date proposed aircraft should meet one of the following criteria:

Modified for the mission making it more capable in the role than contemporary aircraft

Extensive documented use in night operations

Name: Night Fighter GB

Dates: January 1 2013 - July 1 2013

Mods: Lodewijk, ???

Link to planning thread

Description: Build any aircraft from 1914 to 1960 that was used in the night fighter, bomber, recon, etc. role.

EDIT: New timeframe.

The link to your planning page isn't working. I would like to vote for your GB.

BD

• 1 month later...

I got enough votes for this GB And forgot to post it here.

Name: Iron Men, Plastic Ships GB

Dates: June-December (if that's fine)

Mod: Rightwinger26

Info: Any ship, any nationality, any period, any amount of AM, any scale. Things like LVT's, AMPHTRAK's, and DUKW's are fine, they have hulls and underwater propellers, but NO aircraft. This one is to maybe bring a little more interest to ship building here.