Proposed GB information and Submission template

Hi guys thakns for your patience

All ptposed gb have been approved and dates have been set i will update the calendar when i have the time but currently him being held up by a 15days old baby.

Thank you for your patience

• 2 months later...

Name:Classic Models Group Build

Dates: At your discretion

Mods: Worldslaziestbusker, Aaronw if he returns to the forum

Link to planning thread: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=285339&st=0

Description:Models from an earlier time when kits were simpler, and a kid could buy a kit with the money made from mowing a few lawns. The GB will feature kits made in 1980 or earlier. Matchbox, Monogram, Frog, Airfix, Heller, Hasegawa, Guillows, Strombecker, Hubley etc.

Build them OOB with tube glue and brush paints or detail them out the wazoo and show off just how great some of these old kits really can be.

Many of these old kits were based on prototypes and guesses, and / or included the option to build variants that never were, so what ifs will be allowed.

Rule #1; remember why most of us started doing this in the first place, no not the glue fumes, because it was FUN!

Other rules

Kits must have been first issued in 1980 or earlier. A re-issue of an older kit is welcome as long as the date the of first issue was no later than 1980.

Aftermarket and scratch building is allowed.

Major conversions may require approval (rough rule of thumb, ask first if 50% or more of the kit is being replaced with aftermarket / scratch built detail).

What ifs are ok, but must be based heavily (50-75%) on a qualifying kit.

Any scale

Any subject

Any brand

Any material, but must be an actual kit*. Stick and tissue, metal and plastic, vacform, wood and of course styrene all are welcome.

*If anybody wants to go seriously old school and build something like a wood Strombecker kit the use of duplicate wood parts based on the originals would be acceptable as the originals are quite collectable and expensive.

• 2 months later...

Well seeing as my Start em' up GB is not gaining traction, how about a Star Trek GB?

It is 50 years come September after all. The recent Star Wars GB went ok. Time for a REAL Sci Fi GB.

Lots of ships out there that need building. I have a Enterprise and a Klingon that have been on the shelf for ages now.

Link.

Star Trek GB??

Any thing that belongs to the "Star Trek" universe.

Usual 6 month time frame.

Prefer it to start some time this year as 2016 IS the 50th anniversary.

I (phamtom) will be the mod.

I give it a yes vote. .....Go figure.

Edited by phantom
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Name: Modern Luftwaffe GB - 60th anniversary

Dates: March1, 2017 until Septmeber 1, 2017

Mods: TobiK, Co-mods: Kurt and CrazySnapCaptain (me and Captain are already a good team running a GB, happy to add Kurt this time!)

Luftwaffe GB - planning and poll

Description: any aircraft used from west german airforce from 1956 until today, including Heer and Marine aircrafts, too. Line planes, anniversary schemes, fly-outs, prototypes, even What-ifs, when there's a reasonable relation to Luftwaffe/Heer/Marine (allowance will be decided by the mod team in every single case). Also the overtaken aircrafts from former NVA airforce that kept on serving in Luftwaffe livery. Any scalé, any brand allowed, oob or huge amount of AM.

Let's have some fun! I'l look into some sponsors for the build.

Edited by tobiK
  • 5 months later...

Canada 150 Group Build

Dates: July 12017-Jan 1, 2018

Mods: Martin_sam_2000 (maybe others..not sure yet

Description:

- Both Military and Civilian, any time frame

-Anything flown by a Canadian pilot , despite national markings ( exchange pilot, dual citizen, etc)

-Anything flown by a Canadian company or Canadian military group

-Anything built by a Canadian company but flown under another national flag (Canadiar, CCF, Canadian Vickers, Fleet, Avro Canada, Bombarider, deHaviland Canada Etc...)

Edited by martin_sam_2000
  • 3 weeks later...

Name: USN/USMC Legacy Squadrons Group Build

Dates: First available dates

Mods: Tony Southern (tosouthern66)

Link to planning thread :

Description: Build any Legacy Squadron from the USN and USMC commissioned before 31 December 1955

• 1 month later...

Name: MiG/ Mil  & Sukhoi Killer Group Build

Dates: First available dates

Mods: Brendon ( Aussie_superbug)

link to planning 

Description: Any aircraft that has been either a   MiG, Mil  & Sukhoi killer from the start of the Cold war until now.

I will allow the airframes to  have different unit markings from the original ones that they scored their kills in, as they did get passed around in their lifetime 

• 4 weeks later...

Check with Neo, he is the only one with that power. But I thought it was September.

Pete and I are the little guys. That and I have next to zero computer skills, unlike Neo who knows what he is doing.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Name: TOPGUN 50th Anniversary

Dates: Sept 1, 2018 - March 3rd, 2019 (<--that being the anniversary date, after all.)

Mods: Me, and hopefully someone else with more experience in doing this as I've never done it before

Description: Build any aircraft used in TOPGUN training at NAS Miramar or NAS Fallon, flown by students or instructors. (Bonus fun: Movie aircraft are acceptable.)

Planning thread: LINK

• 4 months later...
On 3/13/2018 at 10:20 PM, Raceaddict said:

Name: TOPGUN 50th Anniversary

Dates: Sept 1, 2018 - March 3rd, 2019 (<--that being the anniversary date, after all.)

Mods: Me, and hopefully someone else with more experience in doing this as I've never done it before

Description: Build any aircraft used in TOPGUN training at NAS Miramar or NAS Fallon, flown by students or instructors. (Bonus fun: Movie aircraft are acceptable.)

Planning thread: LINK

HI this as been approved 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Name: The Showdown

Dates: ASAP - duration 1 year

Mods: Kurt H.

Link to planning thread

Description: The object of this group build is to build two kits of the same subject. In the past few years there have been many new kits released of subjects for which there is an existing, but much older kit.  The goal of this group build is to explore whether new is really better, and to compare & contrast the differences between the kits.

the planning thread got 25  yes votes.  I would like to start the GB now, or as soon as you approve this GB, since the idea is fresh in the minds of prospective builders. The GB will run for 1 year since it requires the construction of two models. Since there are no GBs running, or proposed, I feel this is a reasonable request.

thank you for your consideration.

Edited by Kurt H.
  • 2 years later...

Name: F-16 Fighting Falcon Furball

Dates: ASAP - 12/31/22 11:59:59  (Howland Island time ... the furthest , latest timezone on earth)

Mods: Kurt H.

Link to planning thread

Description:

This group build is simple, build any F-16 in any scale.  The F-16 is used by countries around the world, there are several kits available in all popular scales, lots of aftermarket parts, and decals. This subject has broad appeal, and gained 10 votes in less than 24 hours. I believe this means it will be successful. Since there are no Group builds in progress, and to keep the momentum, I would like to start as soon as the Group build can be set up on the forum. 

Thank You

Kurt

Edited by Kurt H.