Von Hammer's Messerschmitt

The flash washed out some of the panel line wash, but it also hid the decal issues pretty well.

Started off as a pro-modeler bf-109 g-2 and was built in the comic book character "Von Hammer's" -109 (some late -f variant I'm told) Cowling scoops filled and sanded, tail wheel modified to show a retractable version, landing gear modified for in flight appearance on stand. Ailerons and rudder were cut free and posed to give some life to the model.

The attempt and a blurred prop was done by cutting out a circle out of clear plastic the same diameter of the propeller, then wedges were cut and the edges were trimmed, I airbrushed lines on the wedges once the were affixed to the original prop blades.

Specific decals (wings underneath cockpit, bird on the nose and the black chevrons on the waist) were printed by Stephen Loftus.

DSC_2897.jpg

DSC_2895.jpg

DSC_2900.jpg

DSC_2907.jpg

DSC_2908.jpg

DSC_2909.jpg

DSC_2910.jpg

DSC_2911.jpg

DSC_2913.jpg

Great job!

I'm the guy who drew "Enemy Ace: War in Heaven" and designed that plane.

It's the third time I've seen a modeler tackle it.

Every time it's a blast for me, thanks!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Great job

I like you prop treatment- very clever and workable for those of us that like to "tinker" with the model.getsmileyCAMPQHPO.gif

To get kudos from the original artist; must give you a lot satisfactionion. Congratulations.