Thanks for the link-sometimes notice the inbd. main gear door has jagged or cut away edge closest to the gear strut (you can see it in the beginning) on the Blues A/C, is this from contact w. gear? If so, is this also with active Bugs? Would be something to replicate on a model. Sometimes with belly shots you can see the gear bay when the door is closed.

Thanks for the link-sometimes notice the inbd. main gear door has jagged or cut away edge closest to the gear strut (you can see it in the beginning) on the Blues A/C, is this from contact w. gear? If so, is this also with active Bugs? Would be something to replicate on a model. Sometimes with belly shots you can see the gear bay when the door is closed.

There was some discussion about this a while back here and it seems like the final answer was that it is done due to the higher speeds the B.A. periodically fly with the gear down and that would cause contact with the struts (knees?). They would get damage to that area of the gear door so I THINK (if I rmemember right) they would do sort of a pre-emptive repair and cut away part of th gear doors. Something to that effect anyway. I have seen a couple of people replicate that on a model, a nice touch if you ask me. I don't think it is done on active hornets since they don't normally fly in the same gear down situations like the Blues do.

Thanks for posting, Holmes ...

I have this one in my YT Favorites also ...

The jagged gear door edges are from them slapping the struts ...

It only happens with the Blues' Hornets due to the fact that they fly many portions of the show with the doors open and at higher than recommended speeds ...

-Gregg