B-24M canopy?

Unfortunately the Falcon set includes the standard B-24M canopy. As you mention, the canopy in your diagram is the very late type, seen only on the final B-24Ms and the XB-24Ns. I don't think anyone has made an aftermarket version of that particular canopy, and it has certainly never been included in any kit of the B-24.

At some point in her long and colorful life, the Commemorative Air Force B-24A/LB-30 was retrofitted with this type of canopy (albeit without the clear upper panels.) I really wish they would replace it with a standard B-24 "greenhouse." That "knife edge" windscreen just looks wrong.

SN

Edited by Steve N
  • 2 weeks later...
At some point in her long and colorful life, the Commemorative Air Force B-24A/LB-30 was retrofitted with this type of canopy (albeit without the clear upper panels.) I really wish they would replace it with a standard B-24 "greenhouse." That "knife edge" windscreen just looks wrong.

Highly agree! That was one of the first things I hoped they were going to address when she went through her make-over a few years ago. It's always difficult to take that warbird very seriously with that canopy on it. I can deal with the longer nose that was added and would be difficult to put back to the short configuration... but the canopy? :gr_barf: