Hawk III question, please!

Hi,All,

I am looking for HawkIII,anyscale is ok for me.I know that Special Hobby released a 1/72 kit last year and MPM released one many years ago.I can not find any usefull reviews on this

subject.How about these two kit? It seems that Special Hobby kit is better,couse it's released last year.Should I shoose this kit,not sure,just need your informations.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,All,

I am looking for HawkIII,anyscale is ok for me.I know that Special Hobby released a 1/72 kit last year and MPM released one many years ago.I can not find any usefull reviews on this

subject.How about these two kit? It seems that Special Hobby kit is better,couse it's released last year.Should I shoose this kit,not sure,just need your informations.

Thanks in advance!

You want the new Special Hobby kit, Sir. I have not built one yet, but I have bought two, and have built the old MPM kit.

The MPM is serviceable enough, if you can put in the work and make some bits from scratch. The MPM requires a bit of conversion to build as a Chinese Hawk III; it follows the surviving Thai example, which differed from the Chinese. Its vacu-formed clear parts are not too good. The decals have the Nationalist markings much too pale. Its cowling is very, very poor.

The Special Hobby re-issue is derived from the older kit, but much improved in quality of moulding. It has the essence of an accurate interior, an accurate and useable cowling, and much better decals. It can be built without bother as a Chinese Hawk III.