OPFOR Super Pack!!

For a few months now, we've been posting these video teasers of our forthcoming IPMS Nationals special product. Well it's now time for the "big reveal". Announcing the OPFOR Super Pack! Check out the video folks; this is a very exclusive... item that will only be available at this years IPMS National Convention in Orlando, FL.

If you're not going to be at the show, start reaching out to your network of friends that will be there to do your dirty work for you and get you one of these.

More information as far as pricing and actual product imagery is forthcoming!

As wonderful as the subject matters are: I too ask why are they being offered only at the Nationals ?? I hardly consider this to be a "pleasing" aspect of this release? Maybe an "exclusive release"

at the Nationals, but why are you penalizing all the worlds modelers that can't go to the Nationals ? I've just about had enough of these type of "limited" product releases from the modeling industry.

I'm truly surprised to see this strategy coming from you. I always held you in the highest of regards.

NOT a great customer service aspect of your normally OUTSTANDING service.

Not good

Frank C.

Limited availability is due to a couple of reasons. First and foremost is that we simply don't have the logistical capabiliy to handle a large product like this from a shipping/distribution standpoint. Twobobs is one guy and Twomikes is one guy. We both have full-time jobs even with help from a couple of close friends, it's a lot to do just to get to this point.

When we spitball things like this over here at both of our respective companies, there are two paths to take. The first path is to not do anything at all and the second path is to do something that we can both handle. We chose the second path.

When we did the T-2 Buckeye kit release over here, it was the same thought process that led to the limited release aspects of that kit as well. Not enough hours in the day guys, creating artwork and doing reference digging is but one part of running a business and taking product to market. There's so much more to it and when you're "one dude", you do what you can the best that you can.

If you have a friend that's going to the Nats, just have them pick you one up!

I love building aggressor schemes and would like to get this set but am totally put off by the limited availability. To me this is a lot of hot air hype only for the benefit of those attending the US IPMS Nationals. By the way it was first put out on the Two Mikes forum, the Nationals would be an unveiling, not an isolated release.

Just my opinion of course but I am surprised at this marketing ploy.

Cheers,

John

Hi

Well, you can wait a few weeks after the Nats and start bidding against everyone else on EBay ... No doubt some enterprising folks will pick up "more than one" IOT flog them ....

T

Hi

Or, someone may post something offering to pick up for you.

Myself, I have no friends going so I will have to rely upon Ebay or the generous offer of others to pick one up on my behalf.

T

Edited by LoganTLR

Well as a Canadian who just can not drive all the way down there is anyone going who can pick this up for me? Second (more for Bob) what will it cost so I do not stiff someone if the price is more then I am expecting?

I agree with Phantom in that it is to far for me to drive and plus I can't get the time off from work to go to the IPMS National Convention in Orlando, FL. I would be interested in a set of these if they were in 1/32 scale since I love the aggressor paint schemes. Is there anyone out there that would be going to the nationals that could pick a set up for me if they are in 1/32 scale? It would be nice to know what it is going to cost per set????

Cool beans, someone I was going to ask for pick up volunteered before I could PM him. Love this ARC stuff. Now Bob just needs to figure his cost which he thinks will be soon.

30avx1h.jpg

Myself being one, I totally agree......I guess that this is one set that I'll never get due to wrong scale and very limited availibility........and I sure don't feel like paying the GNP of a small nation to get one off of Overpricebay.....

So here is my question. For those of us who are not able to go to the "Big Show", will we be able to get the resin parts and decals as separate items from y'all or are they all "exclusive" item for NATS?

Dave Fassett

So for those of us who cannot attend the Nationals: we're out of luck.

You've been wonderful over the years and I've even stuck up for you when others bashed you herein. But this "situation" is a poor way to do business for those who cannot drive 1500 miles or more to attend a function or live out of country.

Why not charge shipping and make it clear that there would be a long lead time to receive the items which could then be done at your leisure/timescale ? Omitting a vast part of your clientel isn't

a wise business practice to do in an already limited market. That way you could retain your entire customer base and not alienate a vast portion of it.

Just a thought...

My .05 cents.

Frank

So for those of us who cannot attend the Nationals: we're out of luck...

How are you out of luck?

A number of people have already reached out to others both here and Facebook seeking to make arrangements with those who are attending to pick them up a copy. Liberator24 had already offered, back in April before we knew what this was, to pick up copies for those who cannot attend.

And this is hardly the first show exclusive that's ever been put out there. Iwata offered 75% off airbrushes when they debuted the HP series one year, kit manufacturers mark down new kits and every year the host chapter commissions a decal sheet from any one of the decal vendors of subjects relevant to that year's show location. You could only get the sheet either by attending the show, making arrangements with someone who was going to pick you up a copy, or roll the dice on ebay after the show. I couldn't make Phoenix 2010, but a couple of PMs and a week after the show, I had that year's show decals in my mailbox. Kansas City and Virginia Beach's decals, I got by way of eBay.

Manufacturers/show hosts do this as an incentive for people to attend these shows and the same goes for convention/trade shows in oh, pretty much every other industry. If the same offers that are at the show - be they price discounts or "show exclusive" items - are available online, then why bother going to the show? Why have a vendor room at all?

Another spin on the issue.

Bob and Mike are assuming that all of their OPFOR packages will sell at the Nationals. Maybe they will. And maybe they won't. In the latter case I suspect the remainders will be available via normal channels.

If I don't attend the Nats I'll look to score a set after the fact. If I don't, that's okay, too. God know I have more than enough projects to keep me entertained until the day I die.

Well you know, Tony, not all guests are welcome at conventions/trade shows....

Too be fair, that was Agent Wade "Deadpool" Wilson and David Hasselhoff. Rumor has it Agent Wilson plans on stealing Capt. Rogers' shield and use it as a wok to cook his "Secret Deadpool Stir Fry." If Agent Wilson is spotted with the shield, S.H.I.E.L.D. agents are permitted to regain possession of it by any means necessary.

As for Hasselhoff, his dismissal needs no explanation.

FYI: OPFOR Superpack trade thread started HERE Post if you need someone to get you a set, or if you're willing to pick set/s up for your fellow ARCers.

Would it be nice if these were available through the Twobobs/Twomikes website? Sure. But they're not, so let's try to figure out a way to share the joy.

FYI: OPFOR Superpack trade thread started HEREWould it be nice if these were available through the Twobobs/Twomikes website? Sure. But they're not, so let's try to figure out a way to share the joy.

It would be nice if we knew the price and what exactly is included. There are 4 different threads about this but no specifics given.

Here's what I know:

It's 1/48 scale.

11 schemes for 8 different aircraft.

4 different EW pods are included.

What I want to know:

The price?

Are there enough decals to do all 11 schemes? Or do different schemes share the same decals? It would be nice if a graphic were posted showing the 11 schemes rather than the video.

Only 4 pods included but 11 schemes. Will the pods be available separately if we want to model all 11 schemes?

The price?