F-14D Bu Non 164604

Hi everyone. I hope you're all well?

I'm currently building the above bird from the Hasegawa 1/72 kit. All I know about her was that she was the D model built. And was wondering if being a test bird if she ever carried LANTIRN? And bomb racks on her AIM-54 pallets?

TIA

Cheers Darren

Edited by darren

Hi everyone. I hope you're all well?

I'm currently building the above bird from the Hasegawa 1/72 kit. All I know about her was that she was the D model built. And was wondering if being a test bird if she ever carried LANTIRN? And bomb racks on her AIM-54 pallets?

TIA

Cheers Darren

I'm pretty sure she probably carried a pod for attack testing when they adopted the pods from the F-15s. As for the racks definately, they did all the JDAM testing and sent us the dreaded DO4 software/harware mod kits that allowed us to drop JDAMs over Iraq back in 02/03. That was not a fun mod lol!

th_545716_3231484877655_1203802229_n.jpg

Took me a few minutes to figure out how to get it to post lol! I asked some of my friends and one confirmed it and sent me this picture. Hope it helps!

Edited by AT1Mike