Welcome to the Pacific War Group Build.

Dates:

June 4, 2012 to January 12, 2013

Scope:

This group build covers all aspects World War 2 in the far east, to include the Pacific, South West Pacific, CBI (China, Burma, India), and South East Asian theaters as well as the second Sino-Japanese war. It is open to aircraft, armor, ships, figures etc.

How to sign up:

Start a post in the Pacific War GB forum. If you are doing more than one build it is your option to combine them all in one post or to start a seperate post for each.

Expectations:

Rule #1 have fun. The following are guidelines, nothing is set in stone.

I would like to see your work, generally even the most simplistic model will need 3-5 posts along the way to show how the model is built.

Ideally this should start with a photo of what comes with the kit, and any aftermarket you are going to use. Many of us are curious about what comes with a particular kit, plus it lets us see what you are working with.

It should also show a few steps between the beginning and the finished model.

I'll leave this up to the individual builder, but generally this shows some of the basic assembly, painting steps and decalling. A very detailed model might break this down into dozens of posts, showing off the many assemblies that make up the model.

When you are done post some finished photos in the finished models post.

Tell us about any special techniques you are using. Group builds are great ways to learn about new techniques others are using.

Tell us a little bit about the model. At a minimum the kit maker and scale, but feel free to add as much as you want. Is the aircraft marked for a specific pilot or mission? What are your impressions of the kit? etc.

That is about it, and again have fun.

Edited by Aaronw

Quick question what about an aircraft such as the new Revell PV-1. I have been wanting to build it in the Canadian markings that come in the kit. I know it didn't really serve in the "normal" theater of war. But it was stationed at Prince Rupert Island and was assigned to submarine patrols. If that doesn't work I do have tons of other stuff that would work.

Will come in with a Hasegawa Hien Tony in 48th scale. Next with a Fujimi Val also in 48th scale. And if time permits really would like to do something New Zealand or Aussie maybe a Corsair or Hellcat. Will play it by ear. Nice to do some PTO warbirds. Or might consider a Medium bomber in 72nd scale let see how I progress with the first couple of builds.

Chuck

Fly Navy

Edited by uscusn

Quick question what about an aircraft such as the new Revell PV-1. I have been wanting to build it in the Canadian markings that come in the kit. I know it didn't really serve in the "normal" theater of war. But it was stationed at Prince Rupert Island and was assigned to submarine patrols. If that doesn't work I do have tons of other stuff that would work.

I don't see a problem with the PV-1. The west coast of the US and Canada may not have been a particularly active section but it was a part of the Pacific war.

I don't see a problem with the PV-1. The west coast of the US and Canada may not have been a particularly active section but it was a part of the Pacific war.

Thanks Aaronw. I also have a Tamiya 1/48 A6M5 I will probably do soon as well. Just waiting on the Tamiya detail up set for that one.