• 4 weeks later...

Calling this Jake done, this puppy was a great build with Mike west updates such as the cockpit, cowling and windshield. The canopy lifted during these shots but now is fixed. I hope you like it. Rob.lkjhgfd.jpgIMG_20120704_124243.jpgIMG_20120704_124219.jpgIMG_20120704_124140.jpgIMG_20120704_124113.jpgIMG_20120704_124035.jpgIMG_20120704_123942.jpg

Edited by 71roadrunner426

That is very sweet, Rob! Well done. :thumbsup:

Now, get busy on #2! lol

Regards

B

Thanks B, I will try. had a bad accident yesterday. I had my flip-flops on and my daughter and I were taking a kitchen table down the front stairs and I missed the last Two stairs and fell backwards on to the sidewalk, twisted the crap out of my ankle , smashed my butt and right shoulder off the ground and still had to go to work all busted up. Thank you for the compliment. I will re start the Grace soon as I heal a little more. Rob

Rob and -Neu-,

I had not made time to check out the completed build thread until today. Great work on your builds! They look sharp. Very sharp. -Neu-, I'm looking forward to seeing your other two builds too. Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

-O

Sorry for the late reply to these:

Rob and -Neu-,

I had not made time to check out the completed build thread until today. Great work on your builds! They look sharp. Very sharp. -Neu-, I'm looking forward to seeing your other two builds too. Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

-O

I've got a few of them going in my build thread. Check it out.

Neu

You got my respect, man. No way my eyes could do a 72nd project that would turn out that nice!

Wow, thank you! I only build in 72, so I guess after alot of trial and error I've done something right.

Richard.

Got-er done.....

Sweet!

May I ask what color you used for the upper side blue? I used MM Sea Blue on mine, but it looks too dark.

Thanks, and kudos on a job well done!

-O

OK everyone, this one's done. Well, the airframe's done. I had a minor setback with the pilot. That aside, here are some pix of the finished build. Enjoy!

DSC08818.jpg

DSC08827.jpg

DSC08817.jpg

DSC08826.jpg

DSC08831.jpg

DSC08836.jpg

DSC08835.jpg

DSC08833.jpg

This was a challenge to build, but I had fun nonetheless. It provided me with some good practice. Hopefully some of the experience I gained through this build will serve me on future projects. Thanks for following along! I hope it was worth your time.

Cheers,

-O