Nice job on that one Bill.

I have one slated (at some future point) so I'll take note of the amount of weight required to keep this sitting pretty.

Cheers,

David

Jam as much weight in as you can. With all the weight I put in, if it's sitting properly in the cradle and I literally blow on it, it tips back, and it's by far the heaviest model I have. Thanks for all the kind comments guys!

Bill

So here are some pictures. I'm gonna wait to put the last coat of future on when it's not a hundred and stupid degrees in the garage. It's supposed to drop to the low 80's tomorrow. Hope you guys enjoy

9308bfb5.jpg

bceebacc.jpg

470510b5.jpg

I realize that I forgot to fill around the canopy, but I can live with it.

Bill

CRAP!!!!! While looking at the pictures I forgot to paint the wing tip lights and the little tab on the bottom of the cowl. Good thing I decided to for go clear coating and post some pictures. Quick fix.

Edited by rightwinger26

So here are some more pictures of the Rufe, it's just about done, I need to hit the canopy with goo-gone, add the ladder which the paint is drying on, and a few odds and ends. The finished photos will be in the gallery tomorrow. Hope you guys enjoy.

819b8cbd.jpg

3275ad22.jpg

c7c2d412.jpg

1991ff20.jpg

f9708054.jpg

Comments and critiques welcome, and thanks for looking!

Bill

Thanks Rob, I did wash the panel lines with Tamiya acrylic NATO Brown, but I guess the flash drowned it out. The only real panel lines are on the wings anyways, the fuselage has all raised on this old kit. If I ever redo this kit with a lot of AM I'll rescride all the raised lines, but I wanted this one to be fun and relaxing, which it was. When I take he finishing shot, I'll try to get some natural light photos, maybe that will help. With the schwarzgrau preshading and the brown wash its very scuttle but it all blends in very well and gives a nice worn tropical look. Thanks for the comments.

Billy

Edited by rightwinger26

I thought the pastels would have been to heavy to add to the fuselage. I wouldn't imagine that the snoopers down The Slot would have lasted long enough for a sea plane to get rusty streaks on the main portions of the aircraft. Even being in the rough environment of the South Pacific, during a war, and using salt water as a runway, would the wings and fuselage have gotten run down like that. It made sense to me to heavily weather the float. Suggestions welcome please

Bill