Prometheus -- save your money

The only way the sequel could work is if somehow the Engineer's ship that they're on has a problem and is found floating in space by a new ship. Then when they go on board Shaw is dead and David long not functioning. Whoever finds it will then start up the ship again and go to wherever it was going because they're curious. Probably to find that the Engineer's race has been wiped out by an Alien queen and most all of the new crew/cast.

Actually, Shaw did recover David's headless body as well (you can see her lowering it to the utility vehicle from the crashed ship). So, maybe she used a staple gun on him (I'm sure that damage will buff out). :D

Well, if there's one thing that I learned from the movie, its that staples can fix anything!

That, and stomach surgery is not as painful as everyone makes it out to be!

Prometheus will have a sequel, ttle "PARADISE"

read here: LINK

the closing phrase explain all: PARADISE is set for release 2015. May god have mercy on us all.

Interesting. From the deleted scenes on the Blu-Ray, that's the name of the Engineer's home planet, at least as David translated it. In another deleted scene when David's head asks Shaw where she wants to go to in the other ship, she answers "Paradise".

Well, if there's one thing that I learned from the movie, its that staples can fix anything!

That, and stomach surgery is not as painful as everyone makes it out to be!

This is the gift that come with the DVD/BluRay set of (Batman) Dark Knight Rises:

bluray-cav-oscuro.jpg

and this is the gift that will be enclosed with the release of the Prometheus DVD/BluRay set:

promy-staple.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So my reaction to Cloud Atlas was basically the opposite of my reaction to Prometheus:

Prometheus was a flawed movie that many people hated, but that I, while acknowledging its flaws, on balance liked.

Cloud Atlas has some good aspects to it, and is a movie that many love, but that I, while acknowledging the flashes of brilliance in it, on balance just couldn't bring myself to like.

So my reaction to Cloud Atlas was basically the opposite of my reaction to Prometheus:

Prometheus was a flawed movie that many people hated, but that I, while acknowledging its flaws, on balance liked.

Cloud Atlas has some good aspects to it, and is a movie that many love, but that I, while acknowledging the flashes of brilliance in it, on balance just couldn't bring myself to like.

And I just saw the time-traveling assassin film "Looper", which has something for everybody, i.e. guns, sex, nudity, drug use, profanity, children in peril, and enough blood to qualify as a Quentin Tarantino movie. But primarily it has a story, something that "Prometheus" didn't have.

John Hairell (tpn18@yahoo.com)