Prometheus -- save your money

I was reading yesterday that there is a sequel to Prometheus planned for release in 2014/2015. The sequel according to the Prometheus web site is titled "Paradise."

I got 2 tickets :thumbsup:

eddie_money_geico.jpg

Edited by toadwbg

Yeah, that was my understanding, too. Still didn't stop me from trying to discern differences between the two ships, unfortunately. lol

A friend and I, being fans of the original Alien movie (plus I pretty much like anything Ridley Scott does) planned for months to see this movie together. The consensus, from two people who had high expectations? Meh...

Of four people I know who saw it, one disliked it (said it was boring), and the other three had the same reaction: meh..

While visually very nice, the story is murky at best. Scott now will need either a sequel to the prequel or another prequel to the prequel to explain what's in his brain. Scott also fell into the same trap as George Lucas - when making prequels 20 or 30 years after an original movie, the prequel tends to look more polished, since it has the advantage of later technologies in film making.

Also, note to Ridley Scott: you need to be able to teach your astronauts to run sideways, so that they don't get crushed by big spaceships rolling over them...duh.

Plus, bring H.R. Giger back as a designer...

John Hairell (tpn18@yahoo.com)

I concur: Meh...

Considering the potential, it was the most inexplicable patchwork of plot holes I've been exposed to in a long time, and I'd love to see a modern film that isn't driven by cliche and stupid-think. I'm tired of the endless treadmill of excellent concepts and ideas being butchered by lazy writing, a lack of creative imagination, and a complete dismissal of human psychology and behavior.

I do hope they come out with a sequel, hoping they will take their time to produce something better structured and logical. It can't get much worse, and if it does, the series will come to resemble the final fate of the Prometheus and Engineer ship.

Oh, and speaking of George Lucas, this is for you, Waco (with sympathy):

Well I finally bit the bullet and watched it while on travel last week. The Pre-Prequel video pretty much nails my takeaway. Ending was weak, but what got me was the "leap" the plot took when suddenly they made the deduction that the planet was an alien military facility or prison camp to destroy planets and life on said planets. Maybe it was the couple of beers I had clouding my expectations, I don't know.

Either way, I came away with the impression that this movie was an opportunity wasted.

Cheers

Collin

AAlso, note to Ridley Scott: you need to be able to teach your astronauts to run sideways, so that they don't get crushed by big spaceships rolling over them...duh.

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that. Couple of steps to the side, and watch it go on by. Pretty lame ending for a very pretty actress.

Cheers

Collin

Well I finally bit the bullet and watched it while on travel last week. The Pre-Prequel video pretty much nails my takeaway. Ending was weak, but what got me was the "leap" the plot took when suddenly they made the deduction that the planet was an alien military facility or prison camp to destroy planets and life on said planets. Maybe it was the couple of beers I had clouding my expectations, I don't know.

Either way, I came away with the impression that this movie was an opportunity wasted.

Cheers

Collin

Space Jesus. That is the common denominator to the whole movie.

Found yesterday a translation for the trailer speech.. too much nice fake trailer.

Charlize Theron, the stupid woman that run only in straight line

the inconsistent byologist (..) that fall in love with a truly dangerous alien snake.

Not to forget the Bald Albino and the "super ******"

They have truly exposed all the Promy flaws in 3 minutes.

I went to LONDON last Wednesday and I was treated to this movie.

I fell asleep after twenty minutes of it starting..or was it later..I got to the part where Fassbender was wearing a suit just like the engineers who needed to WEAR them to save them from Dying...but DAVID needn't have worn it but he did. <_< :wierdo:

I slept well ... Much to the disappointment if MY couzins who were with ME.

G_Marcat_italy...now I ENJOYED that version of description. :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by HOLMES

Humans land on planet, investigate ship, find eggs, eggs take over some crew, android goes nuts, crew fight for survival against aliens....... One gets away

It's the script from Alien simply cloned to be Prometheus, only difference really is end, one just hopes the next one if there is one, has her arriving at their planet...

Totally disappointing and to be honest sold solely on the reputation of the earlier films, none of which it came close too..

Humans land on planet, investigate ship, find eggs, eggs take over some crew, android goes nuts, crew fight for survival against aliens....... One gets away

It's the script from Alien simply cloned to be Prometheus, only difference really is end, one just hopes the next one if there is one, has her arriving at their planet...

Totally disappointing and to be honest sold solely on the reputation of the earlier films, none of which it came close too..

Agreed :thumbsup:

I find DR. WHO. More innovative and enjoyable. :rolleyes:

The writer's commentary on the Blu-Ray disc was interesting in that he talked about how the movie as at one time going to be a straight Alien prequel. The ships' cargo was going to be the Alien eggs, David would let Shaw get impregnated by a facehugger, the medpod scene would have a chestburster being removed from Shaw, and the reason the sole Engineer was in the sleep pod was that he had been impregnated and when he was awakened and took off, the chestburster would come through, allowing Prometheus to down the aline ship. In this version of the story, the Engineer ship would be the derelict found later in Alien.

Thinking the movie would have been a lot better received if they had stuck with that idea.

The writer's commentary on the Blu-Ray disc was interesting in that he talked about how the movie as at one time going to be a straight Alien prequel. The ships' cargo was going to be the Alien eggs, David would let Shaw get impregnated by a facehugger, the medpod scene would have a chestburster being removed from Shaw, and the reason the sole Engineer was in the sleep pod was that he had been impregnated and when he was awakened and took off, the chestburster would come through, allowing Prometheus to down the aline ship. In this version of the story, the Engineer ship would be the derelict found later in Alien.

Thinking the movie would have been a lot better received if they had stuck with that idea.

Agreed that makes waaaaaaaaay more sense.

Sheesh, read the REAL Review there, and gotta agree it sounds like a weak no sense mess! Now glad I ended up missing it as I don't need to fund yet another movie springboarding off the original into a pile of muck. I might have ended up demanding my money back part way through like I did when I was talked into seeing Congo!

Watched it this weekend. Didn't think it was bad. There was definitely some bad acting but whatever. It helped that I knew the story of the movie before watching it. Otherwise it would probably have really sucked. The whole bickers character was a waste. Also not sure how they'll do a sequel. Obviously they want to go to paradise but shaw and David head are the only characters left. Doesn't leave much room for a movie.