Bases of the World, Volume I:

Introducing a new series, the first title in this line will be on Kadena Air Base, Okinawa. This was by far the most amazing base I've ever been to, so it is a logical choice to be the centerpiece for the debut.

Full coverage of the resident 18th Wing, plus the USMC, Navy, and other USAF assets on the base will be included. Lots of air-airs, action, and people shots. Should be neat. This will follow Neil Dunridge's A-10 book in the queue, and should be ready by Christmas.

BasesOfTheWorld_Kadena.jpg

Nice, bringing back the old "Super Base" concept that Osprey did about 15-20 years ago. This will be cool.

M

That was definitely the inspiration. I only have 2 of those books, but I really liked that series. Through no fault of their own, they are very outdated now, and, in my opinion, they never got around to covering some of the more interesting/dynamic bases. Parts 2, 3, and 4 are already in progress, and will follow Kadena shortly.

Jake

Jake, you will again leave us with no money left in our pockets! This series of books is a MUST for every aviation enthusiast and with the quality of your work I don't think I will miss any of those!

Good luck on your projects and keep us updated!

Doing Nellis I bet?

Nellis is on the list. Few bases are as dynamic as that one.

Jake, you will again leave us with no money left in our pockets! This series of books is a MUST for every aviation enthusiast and with the quality of your work I don't think I will miss any of those!

Good luck on your projects and keep us updated!

Wow, Yannis. Thanks for the kind words!

Jake - hope you're going to cover all the ground equipment - AGE, fire, police, line vehicles etc? :)

Unfortunately, not directly. There will be photos of some of the AGE stuff in the book, but the emphasis will be placed on the aircraft and people.

• 10 months later...

This has nothing to do with money or Jakes book, but what is the going rate for a kidney on ebay....

just asking!!

Guess I better put up another book shelf as well. Kids dont need there room and they should not be living off their parents anyway. I see plenty of four year olds out in the workplace making it on their own!

-Jim

When is the tentative release date of the Kadena book? That is still next in the Que ...correct?

Yes, sir. I'm nearly finished with the layout.

Jake

• 2 months later...

I am very excited, and it is very close! I'm waiting for one of the squadrons to come home from Afghanistan so I can include those stories into the book. Then it'll be off to the printers.

Jake

• 2 months later...

Getting close to the end of the year Jake, any good news on this most coveted (by me) title?

It's still coming. I got a bit delayed with some issues that crept up with one of the squadrons featured in the book, but it is still coming soon.

Jake

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The printing company has sent me the proofs, so it appears as though this will be available in about two months.

132 pages, all color. $39.95

Jake

Kadena1.jpg

Kadena2.jpg

Kadena3.jpg

Kadena4.jpg

Kadena5.jpg

Kadena6.jpg

Kadena8.jpg

Edited by jmel
  • 1 month later...

I got a Delivery Failure message in my email related to the order. Not sure what happened there...

Hey, Dave. You sent an e-mail to me and it failed?

I am always without one these coupons that the sales page alludes to. can you explain where these coupons come from?

You're referring to the 'coupon' box on the order form at checkout? That's really just a default part of the shopping cart that I have no control over. There are times I will run sales, and I'll supply a code to enter to receive the discount. those are usually announced on the Facebook page.

The Hornet Guide will debut at the IPMS Nationals in August, I hope. The variable is whether the printing company can turn it around fast enough.