Trying something new with the finish on the top - I find "fading" dark colours to be difficult - so I will try to do post shading with white. In other weirdness - the 'flat' green was not actually flat! Not sure why that was:

CIMG1016.jpg

CIMG1018.jpg

I agree - you don't see many of them built. The only 'issue' with it is the mounting pins for the wings - they do pretty much guarantee no gap between the wing and fuselage as well as a dead on dihedral but they are a real pain to hide convincingly. I spent a bit of time blending them into the wing and rescribing but its not easy to do because of their location. Hopefully I have the brown and the markings done by the end of the weekend.

I have all the paint on - but of course, its my nature to try to get the most modeling in at a time so I have a few "oopses" that need to be corrected. Funny - I either take my time or rush but then take just as much time fixing stuff! Anyhow - the preshade "just" shows through in some light and its more obvious in others. I will have to work at that technique. Since I painted on almost all markings (BTW - the red is a little too bright now but will die down once I wash and flat coat) I am just glossing for the wash.

CIMG1027.jpg

CIMG1028.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok - its all glossed up and all oopses are fixed. I even shaded the fabric ailerons and elevators. There are only 2 decals to put on and I will try the future method. All the "bits" are done or can be in less than 10 minutes. I am aiming to have this one done for a show this weekend so it has to be done thursday night.... wish me luck

• 2 weeks later...

She's done!

I was trying to get her ready for a show but ran into one of those classic modeling moments: crap inside the clear pieces.

So it didn't make the show. I fixed as much as I could do without doing damage to the model but some of the crap is primer overspray. Argh. Oh well, I cleaned up 90% of it and I am fine with it. Now, I am still experimenting with the camera and for some reason the full shots are dark - so you get close ups this time:

DSC_0936.jpg

DSC_0941.jpg

DSC_0939.jpg

DSC_0938.jpg

I'll get some overall shots later.