Props to one of our members

I had the pleasure of meeting HOLMES when I went to London a couple of years ago while my wife was there on business. As we share the same profession, I sent a note advising that I would be in England in April 2010 and offered an invitation to make our acquaintance. Long story short, we met at the RAF Museum at Cosford. It was a nice day trip from London for me and a short drive from home for HOLMES. We had a great day taking in the sights at the museum, talking shop, comparing notes on how things were on either side of 'The Pond' and then after that went for a tour around the area and had a quick visit to Telford. It was great meeting a fellow ARCer and spending the day with a new friend.

I got an e-mail a week or so ago from HOLMES telling me to keep an eye out for the postman. Well the doorbell rings the other day and the mailman delivered a HUGE parcel. I open it up and I'm flabbergasted and speechless at the same time as I see what HOLMES has sent. I'm the beneficiary of a tremendous gift. I won't go into details publicly but let's just say it was amazing and completely out of the blue. I still can't believe the generousity bestowed on me.

HOLMES...thank you doesn't even come close but that's all I have. I hope I'm able to do your gift justice.

Ladies and gentlemen...to HOLMES! :cheers:

A LIVING LEGEND!! HOLMES will never pay to get into WDW!! I have gotten the ok to make sure that he will be given the Golden Ears Treatment!!!!

Now to just get him here...........................

Love ya to bits!!!!

-jim

Wow, really really great seeing this type of post for a person that so deserves all of our thanks. There arent enough THANK YOUs to return everyting that HOLMSIE gives without ever asking anything in return. I know I could strive to be that type of person, but know I will fall extremely short of the bar that has been set by HOLMES. I hope someday to repay just a tiny bit of the kindness that has been shown to me......glad to hear props are not only for the propulsion of a once stationary object, stationary HOLMES is certainly not. And certainly well deserving of all of our "PROPer respect".

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HERE, HERE!!!!

:cheers:

:gr_hail:

Agreed! HOLMES always has something positive and uplifting to say with every post. Hey HOLMES, my wife and I are coming to the UK in September. Wanna meet? :whistle:

Big Daddy,

BRING IT ON...when are you coming and where are you going to be? WOULD love TO MEET you BOTH..and maybe show you the sights of UK.....

Let ME know... :yahoo:

:wub: Hello Mike and Gentlemen,

Well THANK YOU all... :blush:

I am sppechless for once and overwhelmed by your generous words and thoughts and kindness...

Mike YOU deserve that gift..and THANK YOU very much for your kindness .. :kissing2: :blush:

LOVE YOU ALL.. :salute:

HOLMES. :wub: :wub:

Speaking from experience...if we had just ten more each of our good Holmes and FlyingFortress...folks this world would be fifty fold better than it is presently. I can avow that without them things would be much harder to deal with, they bring a genuine goodness that is rarely if ever matched. Three cheers for each and a heartfelt toast. It is indeed and honor and pleasure to have both as friends in the truest sense of the word.

Edited by #1 Greywolf

Holmes is truly a one of a kind person with a big heart. I was only seeking replacement landing gears and instead he sent the complete kit without asking anything in return. I've tried to emulate his kindness by paying it forward to others when I can. Thank you, Holmesy, your actions are an inspiration.

Speaking from experience...if we had just ten more each of our good Holmes and FlyingFortress...folks this world would be fifty fold better than it is presently. I can avow that without them things would be much harder to deal with, they bring a genuine goodness that is rarely if ever matched. Three cheers for each and a heartfelt toast. It is indeed and honor and pleasure to have both as friends in the truest sense of the word.

Clif - that statement also applies to YOU!!!

:thumbsup::salute:

Ladies and gentlemen...to HOLMES! :cheers:

Hi Mike, I'll drink to that

I have to echo what everyone else has said. I, too, am fortunate to be the recipient of HOLMES's generosity. You would have to go a long way to find a better individual.

HOLMES, here's to YOU :beer4:

Cheers,

:cheers:

geedubelyer, you are welcome ..It is nice to be able to treat others and make them feel happy..Thank you for the kind words.

Viperguy Thank you too .I just wanted you to have that as you are a NICE person... :D

TERRY, Thank you MY friend..I know YOU deserved that little something too .. :salute:

THANK you all for your kind words and thoughts...

HOLMES :wub: :wub:

Edited by HOLMES

Yeah, he's alright :woot.gif: He's probably gonna get in trouble if the wrong person sees this thread tho...

Wings are on, Holmes, and it's front & center on the bench. And I won't tell if you don't ;)

Ken

:rofl:

Yeah, he's alright :woot.gif: He's probably gonna get in trouble if the wrong person sees this thread tho...

Wings are on, Holmes, and it's front & center on the bench. And I won't tell if you don't ;)

Ken

Hello Ken,

Thnak you..I think MY other friends will be just as happy to see that you have been treated as they were !!LOL!!! :rofl::rofl:

Oh you have the WINGS on ALREADY..WOW !! :yahoo:

you will have to post it in the WIP soon ... :salute:

ENJOY!!!

HOLMES :D :coolio:

Hi fellow ARC's

This is always great to see. As a newbie to ARC its fantastic to see such great Camaraderie. Holmes, haven't spoken to you or even read posts (that's how new I am) but what an awesome and kind gesture.

lovely to see :D

cheers

Hi fellow ARC's

This is always great to see. As a newbie to ARC its fantastic to see such great Camaraderie. Holmes, haven't spoken to you or even read posts (that's how new I am) but what an awesome and kind gesture.

lovely to see :D

cheers

Well that is very NICE and KIND of you Steve....THANK you.

You will get to know that I am the weird one...LOL..if you believe that then you are doing just fine !!

IF I can help you then I will....{may be when I come OVER there to See MY family in Cape Town and MY MOMS Sister in Jo'Burg I will look you up!}

HOLMES :banana::nanner:

Edited by HOLMES

Well that is very NICE and KIND of you Steve....

You will get to know that I am the weird one...LOL..if you believe that then you are doing just fine !!

IF I can help you then I will....{may be when I come OVER there to See MY family in Cape Town and MY MOMS Sister in Jo'Burg I will look you up!}

HOLMES :banana::nanner:

Always a pleasure Holmes, I try ;-)

Well then you and I should get a long great then. Well then I guess I am off to a good start.

That's great that you have a willingness to assist in any way possible.:thumbsup: to that.

That would be great. Nice to connect with people with similar interests, Please feel free to look me up.

Have a good day further

Steve :D