1/48 SB2C-4E Helldiver, White 80 of VB-85, U.S.S. Shangri-La

You're leaving me in the dust, John- that looks awesome! I really wish I'd had the Part set when I was hammering mine together- those gear doors are so much better than the kit parts.

Cheers!

chuk

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening guys, it was not my intention to post right now but i wanted to share my excitement with the instrument panel of the ''beast''. The Part's IP is excellent with all the details and like the real thing in 1/48!!!! Well this is the one with some minor details added. You can also see the rudder pedals!!

P1060776.jpg

P1060777.jpg

I painted the instrument panel with citadel black which dries semigloss and without noticeable pigments. I have also painted the small details and i have added some Archer dry transfers... You can see the result which was exactly what i wanted.

P1060795.jpg

P1060796.jpg

Then i had to build the instruments clear sheet in order to place it behind the PE. Here i followed the Roy Sutherland's instructions (ακα Barracundastudios) from the resign details he provides for Tamiya's 1/32 P-51D. At first i painted the backside of the clear sheet with white+2 drops of XF-4. Later after it had dried completely i brushed an amount of future on the sheet and i placed the PE on it. I made sure that everything was in the right place and i let it dry. You can see the result on the following photos where the glazing and the detail of the instruments is like the real thing!!

P1060808.jpg

P1060809.jpg

P1060810.jpg

P1060813.jpg

Later on i added a piece of .5mm of evergreen sheet on the back in and i trimmed everything. At the same time i painted the rudder pedals, of course there are some minor details to be fixed but you cn get the idea...

P1060825.jpg

P1060826.jpg

P1060828.jpg

P1060833.jpg

P1060834.jpg

Here is side to side with the Eduard's one, which i also fixed in order to have a plan ''B'', for comparing purposes.

P1060835.jpg

P1060837.jpg

And for the end as i had my airbrush out for the black i also painted the resign radios and here is the big one finished!

P1060819.jpg

That all folks, hope you like it,

John

• 1 month later...

Good evening guys, long time to see but it is very hot here and daily visits at the seaside are mandatory not only to cool your body but also your eyes :lol:

gd2.jpg

Back to static modelling...

Well due to many parts involving the build of the rear cockpit i decided to deal with the front one first.

So i started with color, interior green, Mr. color 351 from the interior set of Mr. Clor

P1060866.jpg

P1060869.jpg

Future and wash...

P1060876.jpg

P1060877.jpg

P1060880.jpg

It was my first time trying paint molded seat belts but i think i managed it. The color i used for that is citadel bleached bone.

P1060891.jpg

Wash and dry brush...

P1060941.jpg

P1060951.jpg

P1060954.jpg

Wow :jaw-dropping: , Love how this build is coming along, your work is top notch! This is my first stop by but after reading it wont be my last. Great job paying attention to the details, your hard work is paying off... I will keep a watch on this one & thanks for sharing with all of us... :clap2:

Edited by Benjaminht99
  • 1 month later...

Good morning guys, took me some time to post an update but things have been busy at work, new school year for the kids, etc. etc. so my modelling and free time has been redused for the time being... But i try to keep up with my build. This update has to do with the gunner's ''office'', a lot of work and patience....!!!!

P1070032.jpg

P1070033.jpg

P1070034.jpg

This is the gunner's floor, the PE box has been deleted as it was off scale. I replaced it with the resign one...

P1070035.jpg

The internal framing...

P1070037.jpg

P1070039.jpg

i started adding some detail inside the fuselage...

P1070118.jpg

P1070119.jpg

P1070113.jpg

P1070116.jpg