Made some progress on my Hornet (Hasegawa 1/48) which you can see the initial post of here.

Was almost finished (decalling) a Hasegawa 1/72 IAF Spitfire, but that met a violent end (moving at speed into a solid object) yesterday, so as consolation and to get going again, have made an effort on the Hornet.

Here is the BB pit painted and finally installed. So far the only change I made was to add the two cut outs either side of the rear avionics bay, which are missing from the BB decking. Still a couple of items to add (canopy lock handle, DISP button, standby compass) which BB also missed in the cockpit.

Used the new DACO book for reference for colours. Excellent reference source!

pit1.jpg

pit2.jpg

I have some Hasegawa super fine etched mesh which is about the right pattern and size (if I decide to add the cover at all).

We never fly without our cover in place. Usually on a parked jet the screen is pulled to one side as the pilots need to get in their to get their tapes out.

They also like to through their junk in there and we close it so they don't get wacked in the head with anything.