I made this model a few years back. It's the Tamiya kit (a pretty nice one, compares well to the current Dragon kits), On-The Mark PE set (these guys did great work, it's a shame they seem to have faded away) and a resin interior set (can't remember who made it).

IMG_5240-Copy.jpg

IMG_5241.jpg

IMG_5246.jpg

IMG_5247.jpg

IMG_5245.jpg

IMG_5255.jpg

IMG_5249.jpg

IMG_5248.jpg

• 1 month later...

That is a really nice job. The interior really looks impressive too. A Couple other details really stood out too, the 'scratches' on the hatch underside and the big bolts holding the spare road wheels. Really nice!

Thanks for posting.

John

• 2 years later...

well.............a little surfing, which I've not done in a long time, and what do I find?..........a wonderfully executed Stug IIIG sporting a casting of my interior. It's always such a compliment to see you folks out there do such mastery with what a parent company has asked me to build, in this case, the Jaguar interior to fit the Tamiya kit. Another version was made to fit the Gunze Sangyo kit. Both were done around 1994.

Again, great job !!!

Ben Jakobsen

http://benjakobsen.smugmug.com/Hobbies

I thought I was seeing things when I scrolled through this thread. Forgot I even posted this all those years ago!

Great work on that interior. It was outstanding both from a detail and fit standpoint. If I remember correctly, it was pretty reasonably priced, wish there were more items like this out there.

Regards,

John

• 1 year later...

Hello,

Really nice Stug you have there!!

Cheers

Boris

Thanks Boris! This is the thread that won't die. Every few years it comes back to life. I really enjoyed that build, still have it on the shelf.

John

The tracks look very well done. Winterketten tracks yes? Did they come with the Tamiya kit or were they aftermarket? A well worn Stug with winterketten tracks (with a few missing cleats) has been on my "two do" list for a while now.

Top notch stuff :thumbsup:!

:cheers:

The tracks look very well done. Winterketten tracks yes? Did they come with the Tamiya kit or were they aftermarket?

Question answered via PM. Thanks again John :thumbsup: !

:cheers: