So a Google search has brought up discussions about the long ago unreleased Hobbycraft kit and hopes that Trumpeter might do one. Anyone know of a kit manufacturer that is going to be releasing this long needed kit in 1/48?

Thanks,

Don

Simple answer from me is alas, no, and I wish I did know of one, I'd rather like to see an F9F-8, particularly the so-ugly-it's-beautiful recce version.

Well, if you can find it, there's always the Fonderie Miniature kit. Parts of it are quite good. Having given in and got one, my goal now is for someone to release gull-gray-and-white decals for it.

Well, if you can find it, there's always the Fonderie Miniature kit. Parts of it are quite good. Having given in and got one, my goal now is for someone to release gull-gray-and-white decals for it.

Same here, but in the absence of any other kits it could be a loooooong wait.

I'll probably fudge something up on my own; the CollectAire site had some photos of nice schemes for their kit... :whistle:

Maybe after the mistakes they made on the Panther and the following (well deserved, IMHO) "Bad Press" they got over that, maybe Trumpeter decided to (again) put the Cougar on hold. I guess Hobbycraft isn't doing their own molds anymore, so guess that option is out.

Hello? Revell…?

Boy, you guys took the thoughts right outta my mind! To the Cougar, I will have to add a Banshee (F2H-2/2P). I cannot understand why these two have been ignored all these years. Pivotal aircraft from the transition period and a Korean War all-star!

Jim

I fully expected somebody to announce a Cougar about 5 minutes after I put my Collect Aire TF-9J in the display case last year. My mojo must be fading. I'll try again this summer with CA's F2H-3!

I fully expected somebody to announce a Cougar about 5 minutes after I put my Collect Aire TF-9J in the display case last year. My mojo must be fading. I'll try again this summer with CA's F2H-3!

Please do -has to be worth a shot!

Or you can do it the really, really hard way. Using the Panther fuselage (lengthened) and a whole lot of scratch building. As you can see, this one is still not finished. (after 15 years)

portside4.jpg

portside3.jpg

portside2.jpg

portside1.jpg