'Varks Tamiya F-4J Phantom II

Somehow my other topic about this plane seems to be deleted. Probably a warning for building too slow....

This evening I gave the bird another shot with the airbrush. First I preshared, then painted the grey, then some ligthed touch-up (inspired by Honza K.'s work). That turned out nice, but the pre-shade was too heavy, so I gave her another shot with FS32440 and touch-ups with a ligthened version of that paint.

DSC_0791.JPG

DSC_0793.JPG

Edited by Santtu Pikkarainen
  • 4 months later...

GREAT seats Santtu! I really like how you've done the oxygen line on the left side.

A few suggestions if I may:

1) I'd hit them with a nice thin spray of dull coat, because they are still a bit too shiny, especially the small parts.

2) The ejection hoops are very nicely done, but the yellow is a bit too intense for a weathered seat. The easy fix is to dirty them up slightly with Tamiya pastels. I like to use the "oil stain" one on just about everything.

3) When you post pics, shrink them first to something most computer monitors can handle like 1200-1600 pixels wide as a maximum. Yours are 3008 pixels wide, so they take a very long time to load and the ARC software shrinks them anyway.

All easy fixes that take no time at all. Again, great job so far! :thumbsup:

Chuck,

Thanks for your comments! I didn't realize the ejection hoops are a bit too clean, so that will be done next :-)

I've changed the size of the pictures, hopefuly it's better now.

The oxygenline is made of a small piece of guitar-string.

Edited by Santtu Pikkarainen
  • 2 weeks later...