Desperately need custom decal

Hi guys. I'm very much in need of decals for Tommy Thompson, P-47D fighter pilot extraordinaire. This is the nose art:

LtCecilTommyTHOMSONMaChrie367thFS-Cowling.jpg

I need this as well as a pair of tail and fuselage numbers/codes. I can pay up to 25.00 mfor the work. This is 1:48 scale. Please drop me an EMAIL if you can help. Many thanks.

I do decal layouts and usually don't charge anything, but I only take on projects I am interested in. This in NOT something I am interested in.

May I make an observation?

Your price is unrealistic. The illustration you posted would require several hours of work. While $25 may seem acceptable when compared to a normal decal bought at the local hobby shop, that is not what your trying to do. Your asking somebody to spend a considerable amount of time on drawing and then printing.

I know of only one custom decal place that could do a good job with this as the few remaining ALPs guys probably would tell you that skin tones are not something that printer does well. Most decals are generally just variations of things rather easy to do on a computer using a vector graphics program. People able to draw the human figure well on a computer are a lot more difficult to find, and those that can make that figure look like the original even fewer.

Norm

Hi guys. I'm very much in need of decals for Tommy Thompson, P-47D fighter pilot extraordinaire. This is the nose art:

LtCecilTommyTHOMSONMaChrie367thFS-Cowling.jpg

I need this as well as a pair of tail and fuselage numbers/codes. I can pay up to 25.00 mfor the work. This is 1:48 scale. Please drop me an EMAIL if you can help. Many thanks.

Edited by nfiler

Thanks guys! I;ll be contacting them. Osborn made me some decals before, great work!

Joseph's done some stuff for me before, and I have nothing but great things to say about his work and the speed at which he gets it done, as well. If I need something done for a project that's not going to be a Vagabond release, I call him up.