Yes, very soon. As for Tomcats, I currently have no plans. I understand the DACO book to be one of his best books, and there are so many other aircraft that need covered, that I'd prefer to get some other aircraft done first.

Jake

• 4 months later...

I'm currently working on 4 Modern Guides. Whichever one I happen to get done first is the one that will be next. :D

I don't mean to be so vague. It's just that getting all of the Embassy approvals and permissions to shoot the detail images of non-US aircraft sometimes takes a lot more time than I expected.

Jake

• 4 weeks later...

Is this book back at the top of the list?

Yes. It goes to the printer later this month. I'll have some sample pages and more details within the next week or two.

Chuck, no need to cross fingers. :whistle:

Jake

Nice!

I really like that there is a Canadian Hornet on the cover!

Denis

Thanks! The book has been done for nearly a year now, but then I realized it was a bit soft with coverage of the export users of the jet. The delay has been gathering the info and pics required to adequately cover the export jets.

Jake

Really? I mean really? are you really gonna do this? torture us one page at a time? You are a cruel, cruel man Jake. Lol!

Say, btw, is it possible you could address the specific wing twist on the hornet? I have many hornet books but none that mention the twist numbers. From the side view, you can see the sidewinder and even the wing tanks are mounted at a negative angle that the models dont quite get.

Thanks! The book has been done for nearly a year now, but then I realized it was a bit soft with coverage of the export users of the jet. The delay has been gathering the info and pics required to adequately cover the export jets.

Jake

Were you able to include anything from the Libya Campaign? Canada dropped JDAMS for the first time during that conflict.

I am very glad to see that you would delay the publication to give the export variants what they deserve. This one is for sure on my list of future purchases along with your Super Hornet book.

Cheers,

Denis

Say, btw, is it possible you could address the specific wing twist on the hornet? I have many hornet books but none that mention the twist numbers. From the side view, you can see the sidewinder and even the wing tanks are mounted at a negative angle that the models dont quite get.

Are you talking about the angle of incidence? It's mentioned a little in the text, but not in too much detail.

Were you able to include anything from the Libya Campaign? Canada dropped JDAMS for the first time during that conflict.

It is included in the Canadian section of the book. JDAM and Sniper made their RCAF debut.

Jake

Say, btw, is it possible you could address the specific wing twist on the hornet?

Twist is 0° at Xw 145.39, 4° at Tip in Xw Plane; Rotation is along 20% Line at Zw -0.11; Leading Edge down

Edited by RedIndian