Hi Guys! I usually reside in the jet/civilian side of things and have very little experience in the WWII props end of our hobby. After doing a Mustang for the GB, I thought I would try another WW II era aircraft. I thought the upcoming GB on captured aircraft would be interesting, and I picked up some decals on this subject. One of the aircraft for the markings is a Fw 190 G-3. I did some searching and can't find a reference to a kit of the G-3. Any body know if there is a 1/72 kit available of the G-3? Is this version easily converted from a readily available 1/72 Fw 190 kit?

As someone who has never looked into te various marks of the 190, the many different versions are rather confusing! Thanks for any suggestions!

Have fun modeling!

Mike

:cheers:

Greetings,

To my knowledge, we haven't had a kit of the FW 190G-3 in 1/72 scale. I think Hasegawa boxed a G-8 back in the 1990's but I have not seen it. I think I would start with an easily obtainable Hasegawa 190A-5 or A-6 (same plastic, different decals) or possibly a Hasegawa 190F-8. The G-3 was based on the A-6 but should have the nose guns removed. You will need to do some filling to solve this problem. You would need to do the same with the F-8 although it will give you some bombs, etc. The G-3 was a long-range fighter bomber and normally carried two wing tanks and a center line bomb.

The Hasegawa A-5 or A-6 is easy to find on eBay and not very expensive.

This may be of some help. Clicky

cheers!

Ham

Thank you!!! :salute: This information is perfect! You Da Man! You really helped in clearing out the fog I had in trying to decipher the various marks of the 190. I really appreciate the link you gave that clears up the mystery on the 190. This is pretty cool, thanks!!!!!!

Have fun modeling!

Mike

:cheers: