Just a little Sundowners tease...

Been looking forward to these sheets for some time now, and still am. You guys have made nothing but great sheets in the past and expect these to be more of the same.

Edited by phantom

Been looking forward to these sheets for some time now, and still am. You guys have made nothing but great sheets in the past and expect these to be more of the same.

Exactly the same thing for me... been keeping an eye on your website every week, eager to purchase you that VF-111 set... hope i'll be in the first 100!

• 2 years later...

It's going to see the light of day, and hopefully sooner rather than later. HOWEVER, it will most likely contain a couple different jets from what's been previewed before - we've gone back to the Magic Ref LockerTM and found better references on different jets, plus reference submissions from fellow modelers have really helped get this sheet back on track.

If I may offer some unsolicited advice. Don't pull an Accurate Miniatures. Don't get so caught up in being "perfect" that you lose your customer base's interest. At some point, trying to have every little detail begins to have diminishing returns. So very few people would ever know it wasn't perfect it's really not worth the effort.

If I may offer some unsolicited advice. Don't pull an Accurate Miniatures. Don't get so caught up in being "perfect" that you lose your customer base's interest. At some point, trying to have every little detail begins to have diminishing returns. So very few people would ever know it wasn't perfect it's really not worth the effort.

Darren,

How I wish this was the problem! This sheet's been snakebit from the get-go, and every time we revisit it, something else comes up. It's one of those projects that we're just having to keep slogging through until we get something usable. :bandhead2: :bandhead2:

It is time guys. Need me some new navy Phantom sheets.

LOL. Where are you going to put any new Phantoms? Last time you showed pics of your completed display, the NVAF wanted to call in an airstrike out of precaution... :monkeydance::rofl::cheers:

Edited by MHaz

It's going to see the light of day, and hopefully sooner rather than later. HOWEVER, it will most likely contain a couple different jets from what's been previewed before - we've gone back to the Magic Ref LockerTM and found better references on different jets, plus reference submissions from fellow modelers have really helped get this sheet back on track.

glad to read that!

i just hope now, that those sundowners with the red and white tails will made it to the final product...

Darren,

How I wish this was the problem! This sheet's been snakebit from the get-go, and every time we revisit it, something else comes up. It's one of those projects that we're just having to keep slogging through until we get something usable. :bandhead2:/> :bandhead2:/>

Ooh, that doesn't sound good! It looks like a great sheet. Hopefully you'll get it done and out the door. Of course, the T-38 sheet needs to be first! :taunt:

Exactly.

While the people who really wanted this sheet have been waiting several kits including Sundiwners F-4's have been released.

Accurate or not people are using those as they are the only option.

In chasing perfection the delay is encouraging people to move on and use those decals available right now.

Exactly.

While the people who really wanted this sheet have been waiting several kits including Sundiwners F-4's have been released.

Accurate or not people are using those as they are the only option.

In chasing perfection the delay is encouraging people to move on and use those decals available right now.

It's not a case of trying to be "too perfect," this sheet has been a pain to try and get to even a "usable" state. The art we had in hand wasn't right, and then the artist developed some serious health issues, so I've finally given the references to someone else to draw from scratch.