6337783.jpg

Great initiative, but I don't know why would anyone build Hobby Boss/Trumpy armor kits. They are beyond bad, just terrible.

Sorry had to get it off my chest after dealing with their CV90 APC.

Great initiative, but I don't know why would anyone build Hobby Boss/Trumpy armor kits. They are beyond bad, just terrible.

Sorry had to get it off my chest after dealing with their CV90 APC.

I think it's wrong. HOBBY BOSS is a good company (aircraft and AFV). Why do not you show your model? Each company has pros and minusy.Ya love aviation!! For the contest I collect 82,408 M4 High speed tractor (155mm/8-in./240mm) (Hobby Boss) 1/35. Got a lot of fun!! (This is not advertising. I do not pay for it). Set your model, write a comment.

Regards, Oleg.

Я думаю это не правильно. HOBBY BOSS хорошая фирма ( авиация и AFV). Почему вы не показали свою модель? У каждой фирмы есть плюсы и минусы.Я люблю авиацию!!!! Для конкурса я собираю 82408 M4 High speed tractor (155mm/8-in./240mm) (Hobby Boss) 1/35. Получил много удовольствия!!!!!! (Это не реклама. Мне за нее не платят). Выставьте свою модель, напишите коментарий.

С уважением Олег.

2127899.jpg

I think it's wrong. HOBBY BOSS is a good company (aircraft and AFV). Why do not you show your model? Each company has pros and minusy.Ya love aviation!! For the contest I collect 82,408 M4 High speed tractor (155mm/8-in./240mm) (Hobby Boss) 1/35. Got a lot of fun!! (This is not advertising. I do not pay for it). Set your model, write a comment.

Regards, Oleg.

Я думаю это не правильно. HOBBY BOSS хорошая фирма ( авиация и AFV). Почему вы не показали свою модель? У каждой фирмы есть плюсы и минусы.Я люблю авиацию!!!! Для конкурса я собираю 82408 M4 High speed tractor (155mm/8-in./240mm) (Hobby Boss) 1/35. Получил много удовольствия!!!!!! (Это не реклама. Мне за нее не платят). Выставьте свою модель, напишите коментарий.

С уважением Олег.

2127899.jpg

I did not mean it as something personal, but I can't be all PC about company that routinely butchers various armor and and A/C subjects yet charges pretty penny for them boxes. Trumpy's best AFV kit to date - KV-1 is okay, but it too has quite a list of obvious flaws as I'm sure people from your home boards like Scalemodels or Dishmodels will tell you. Then there is their T-62 and Stryker kits, which are so flawed you can spot inaccuracies by staring at a kit from a good 15 feet of distance! Hobby Boss took time to design their M4 HST, but it's rather an exception to otherwise routine practice of sloppy CAD design and poor tooling that persists in their later offerings. Worst part is that they saturate the market with their crap and alienate other manufacturers who have ability and willing to make much better kits of those subjects from doing so.

I did not mean it as something personal, but I can't be all PC about company that routinely butchers various armor and and A/C subjects yet charges pretty penny for them boxes. Trumpy's best AFV kit to date - KV-1 is okay, but it too has quite a list of obvious flaws as I'm sure people from your home boards like Scalemodels or Dishmodels will tell you. Then there is their T-62 and Stryker kits, which are so flawed you can spot inaccuracies by staring at a kit from a good 15 feet of distance! Hobby Boss took time to design their M4 HST, but it's rather an exception to otherwise routine practice of sloppy CAD design and poor tooling that persists in their later offerings. Worst part is that they saturate the market with their crap and alienate other manufacturers who have ability and willing to make much better kits of those subjects from doing so.

Hello, as we read above, there is a good model. And at the moment they conduct the contest ...... If other companies want to hold a competition, I'm pleased to arrange it. Now HOBBY BOSS.

Regards, Oleg.

I love Hobby Boss kits! The V-100 Commando Car family is a great little kit to use to hone ones skills. I even won 2 model shows with Hobby Boss.

Hello, as we read above, there is a good model. I invite you to participate in the contest. Time is not important.

Regards, Oleg.

So how does this work? Does the entrant send you photos of the model to be entered? If so, where do we send the photos? I'm confused.

Please send pictures to my email address borodarus22@mail.ru I look forward to. Regards, Oleg.

Edited by boroda rus
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

boroda rus,

EXCELLENT Armor builds.

Thank you for showing them and posti g them.

I look forward to seeing FlyingFortress 's build in there too. :coolio:

All those you have posted here are as ever STUNNING builds.

MY best wishes to those that build such beautiful models for us to see, thank you :worship: :worship: :worship:

boroda rus,

EXCELLENT Armor builds.

Thank you for showing them and posti g them.

I look forward to seeing FlyingFortress 's build in there too. :coolio:

All those you have posted here are as ever STUNNING builds.

MY best wishes to those that build such beautiful models for us to see, thank you :worship: :worship: :worship:

39 models are participating in the competition. From Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Serbia, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Canada, France, Spain, USA, Argentina, Australia, Sweden, and Norway. And no one from China.

Now let's look at the delegation of the jury. We conducted a blitz poll and present to you the answers, and you can learn from their work.

The first representative of this famous and uncompromising kagorty.

from Spain, Jose Luis Lopez Ruiz.

Question:1)How long are you in hobby?

Аnswer:1) My father was a modeller ... so .... :). Anyway, I started seriously to make AFV kits on 2008.

Question:2) What your family (relatives) think about your passion?

Аnswer2):I can say that my wife is happy because I stay at home making kits instead having beers with my friends!

Question:3) What was your first kit?

Аnswer:3) Not sure but probably a 1/72 aircraft from Matchbox... may be the Skyhawk?

Question:4) Do you have a local club in your city?

Аnswer:4) Not actually, but I belong to a modeller mafia gang called "Panzetakorps". A chaotic but wonderful group of friends!

Question:5) Have you taken part in contest?

Аnswer:5) I used to take part on contest, but actually, I don´t cause the economic crisis. Watching models "on live" is the best way to learn. I really encourage modellers to go to constest and enjoy of the works "on live". And, of course, participation is a way to motivate yourself but not obligatory!

Question:6) What do you think about the contest?

Аnswer:6) Any chance to share modeller´s works on line is always welcome! And for me, it´s very exciting meeting the works from Russian modellers. Watching the works of the participants, I can say that there´s a Russian´s Way of modelling VERY interesting.

Question:7) Would you participate in it? (why, why not?)

Аnswer:7)I love to participate in contest but not on on-line contest. Why? Because the pictures we make to our kits not always shows our kits in the right way. A wrongly choosen background, an incorrect illumination, a missregulation of the camera.... can spoil and hide a good work. And, in the other way, a mediocre kit can look impressive using photosolve or any other programs. So, it´s much more complicated to jugde or analyze a kit unless they are professional photos taken with cameras that are not always available to everyone.

Question:8) What do you think about our motto http://contest.ucoz.com/Modellers of all countries - unite!

Аnswer:8) Quite successful! A great idea. Internet is the real revolution for modelers. Now we have access to the works of modellers around the world!

Question:9) Your wishes to participants of the contest and website?

Аnswer:9)´d love to transmit them the same concept that a great modeller told me 4 years ago. Find your way copying your favorite modeller´s work. Once you master the basic techniques and materials, kit by kit, explore and found your own way of modelling. And always finish your kits altough the result is bad. You´ll only learn finishing kits. So, let´s do a lot of kits!. And, for the website .... keep on the good work! And thank you for the effort!

JoseLuisLopez.jpg

Enigma.jpg

148Kits.jpg

135Lanchester.jpg

135KingTiger.jpg

Edited by boroda rus

Sven-Åke Grufstedt from Sweden.

Question:1)How long are you in hobby?

Аnswer:1)I have been modelling on and off for the past 30 years but the last 7 years has been the most productive.

Question:2) What your family (relatives) think about your passion?

Аnswer:2)Well as long as I do what I'm supposed to do regarding the family they have no objections at all, in fact my wife likes it because it keeps me at home.

Question:3) What was your first kit?

Аnswer:3)Hard question, I think it was one of those Matchbox aeroplanes that came in a plastic bag.

Question:4) Do you have a local club in your city?

Аnswer:4)Yes we do have a club where I live, it's called C4 and they are the organizers of the largest model contest in Sweden each year in October.

Question:5) Have you taken part in contest?

Аnswer:5) Yes, both in Sweden and internationally.

Question:6) What do you think about the contest?

Аnswer:6) I think it is a great initiative, giving people a chance to compete without having to travel. It might also inspire those who attend this competition to attend "real" competitions later.

Question:7) Would you participate in it? (why, why not?)

Аnswer:7) It would be fun to do so, although I'm a slow builder I might not finish in time

Question:8) What do you think about our motto http://contest.ucoz.com/Modellers of all countries - unite!

Аnswer:8) With the Internet the world has become smaller and it is so easy to find people with the same interests now days and by hosting competitions like this people from all over the world get together and learn to know eachother.

Question:9) Your wishes to participants of the contest and website?

Аnswer:9) I wish all the contestants very good luck both in this competition and in future events and I also would like to say that I have enjoyed this competition and all the models very much!!!

d3e221c5.jpg

strv104-014.jpg

Puma-019.jpg

Flak36-045-Taking-the-Scenic-Route.jpg

fallenking203.jpg

Edited by boroda rus

Boroda..

What can I say.

Those armor modelers { as shown in your photos } are AMAZING ..their Armor builds and dioramas are EXQUISITE , OUTSTANDINGLY SUPERB. :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

They are quite delightful and MOST IMPRESSIVE to see...

MY congratulations on such beauteous work. :yahoo: :yahoo:

HOLMES :wave:

Boroda..

What can I say.

Those armor modelers { as shown in your photos } are AMAZING ..their Armor builds and dioramas are EXQUISITE , OUTSTANDINGLY SUPERB. :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

They are quite delightful and MOST IMPRESSIVE to see...

MY congratulations on such beauteous work. :yahoo: :yahoo:

HOLMES :wave:

Today came the results I want to put them on September 24.