EA-6B PROWLER ( High Visibility )

Hi all

Another model from Hasegawa.

Box number is 00538.

Scale 1/72

In this model cockpit is almost empty and has very few details.Air intake and exhaust was closed, I engraved it.

There are some fitting problem on fuselage, especially exhaust area and canopy.

There is no problem if you want the canopy to open.But to make it close is difficult because of fitting problem.

I prefered to make it close due to insufficient cockpit details. I spent a long time to fit it by sanding all canopy without masking and than polish.

I rebuilded seats and added some detail in cockpit from Evergreen plastic.

Main canopy was painted mix of Tamiya smoke,Clear Red,Clear Yellow and Tamiya Clear ( x-19,x-22,X-27, X-24 ). Windshield was painted Tamiya Clear x-23 Blue and Clear x-22.

Thanks

SDC10965.jpg

SDC10966.jpg

SDC10967.jpg

SDC10968.jpg

SDC10976.jpg

SDC10970.jpg

SDC10977.jpg

Looks very nice!

I have been thinking of getting one of these kits. How was it to build?

Denis

I think it is old generation Hasegawa model in a new box. I used a lot of putty and sand paper as ı told. Especially canopy and exhaust area and you should work hard landing gear bay also.

Anyhow it is a Prowler, to make it enjoyfull.

Nice work :thumbsup: This is the ONLY generation Hasegawa kit and has been around for many years. I suspect Kinetic will down size their 1/48 kit sometime and give us all an new tool kit to work with.

Actually it did originally come out in a raised panel line version under the Hasegawa/Minicraft label, same basic airframe though.

Nice work on a kit that really does show it's age.

A Kinetic down size would be AWESOME.

Nicely executed, Your right about the cockpit, no detail at all, (I've been hoping someone would release a resin update for this ,hence its still in the box) The kit I have appears to be an older release my box says K14:1200 and it has Lo-Vis marking for a VMAQ-2 bird. Are those the decals that came with your kit?

Edited by jfmajor60

Nicely executed, Your right about the cockpit, no detail at all, (I've been hoping someone would release a resin update for this ,hence its still in the box) The kit I have appears to be an older release my box says K14:1200 and it has Lo-Vis marking for a VMAQ-2 bird. Are those the decals that came with your kit?

Yes. Decals are came in the kit. I didnt use extra decal.