Custom fictional paint schemes

F045_F4D_Germany_StG2.jpg

Interesting stuka scheme on a Phantom

That looks so right on the Phantom. B)

The only thing that looks out of place is the swastika. If it had some modern type Luftwaffe crosses, it would look perfect.

Edited by dmk0210

Some really really nice stuff guys!!!

A couple more of mine that have "custom paint"...

My what-if Spitfire Night Fighter

IMAG0837.jpg

IMAG0847.jpg

And my PV-1 Ventura turned Cleveland Air Race VIP Transport

IMAG0340.jpg

IMAG0342.jpg

....and Agressor01 needs to post up his "Su-117" what-if....its paint is amazing

@whitewolf since idolmaster seems to be a product lf Namco or ace combat then yes it is fictional :). Also i am quite surprised to see an idolmaster model. Has anyone done a razgriz or warwolf jet from the ace combat franchise to?

Yes, there have been some really nice Ace Combat builds over the years ... My favorites are from the AC5 game as well ... -Gregg

I'm planning on building a standard Wardog F-14D from AC5 (the one in blue splinter camo) and a Razgriz F-14D. I just have to get another F-14D kit and figure out how to reliably print decals for the Razgriz emblems and tail codes.

I love "What if" stuff!

Here's a couple from my collection:

This Italian Komet was done about 10 or 12 years ago:

Komet_1.jpg

Komet_2.jpg

Komet_3.jpg

A bit more than just a different paint job on this one that I did a couple of years ago:

2009_0425bubblecane0006.jpg

2009_0425bubblecane0007.jpg

2009_0425bubblecane0008.jpg

Royal Canadian Air Force, 409 squadron Nighthawks - F-22A Raptor

Royal Canadian Air Force, CF-15E Strike Eagle

Royal Canadian Air Force, CF-16C Viper - 419 Squadron. :D :woot.gif:

Not really an aircraft, but bear with me: I built a Revell 1:24 Mustang "64 1/2" car as a change from my usual airborne fare. Gave it my own custom paint job of Silver (Ford Stardust Silver from a Halfords can), then added yellow bonnet and front wings and the numberplate "LOU 1V" ;)

Sorry I haven't got any photos, but P-51 afficianados may well recognise the scheme.

:bandhead2: THAT SEEMS AN ETERNITY :bandhead2:

:sarcasm_on:

What, with no real details in a What If, you can crank out 8 to 10 models by then ... Right ?

:doh: D'oh, just noticed my typo .. Fixed it ...

-Gregg

Edited by GreyGhost

:sarcasm_on:

What, with new real details in a What If, you can crank out 8 to 10 models by then ... Right ?

-Gregg

I dare say, NEVER, NEVER in the history of mankind has there ever been the more perfect time for.......

:pancake20bunny0xf:

But Gregg, on a completely "unrelated" topic, can you please tell me if I have the "correct" spark plugs and engine color on my whiffy whiffer???

IMAG1435.jpg

:scared0016:

Okay, I'll share mine:

IMG_2472.jpg

IMG_2468.jpg

Both were made for a competition at Miramar Air Show 2011. My intentions were to depict them in a Vietnam war camouflage style scheme that was applied to some F-4's. I still have the Osprey, but the F/A-18 has been repainted over.

I also took photos of the other planes at the competition, which were all in a "what if" scheme, but I'm not sure if I am allowed to upload them or not.

Jerry

I built this one for our club's "April Fools" theme some years ago..aimed at a club member who loves blue-nose Mustangs and hates 109s. I actually finished it in less than 24 hours.

SN

04-21-06001a.jpg

<_<

:unsure:

:blink:

:salute:

I see what you did there, that is the kind of what if I really appreciate. Many are just fun and that is all they are supposed to be, fun. I really had to look at this for a minute to figure out just what I was seeing. Sort of an I don't get it moment, followed by the hey that isn't a P-51 moment.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Aaronw