I see another big scale CF-18 in my future

Oh too late.... got most of the AM stuff I need to backdate my F-18 C and D ...... Even found the CE SJU-9/10 seats. Wintervally Decals on their way.

All I still need is the seamless intakes.

Not that the conversion was all that hard, but I'm rather suprised it took them this long to bring it to market in a box. It's been 7-8 years since the first issue. I thought they would try to get some extra mileage from the molds, as lots of countries use the A model. Now I wonder if they will box a B version. I've got everything I need for the conversion, but an out of the box B might get me to part with my cash.

It is amazing that it took them this long to do this. Since it's coming soon I hope it will cause the AM decal companies to up scale their cool 1/48 F-18A sheets. I want to build several Adversary jets but couldn't cause most of the decals are in 1/48.

Not that the conversion was all that hard, but I'm rather suprised it took them this long to bring it to market in a box. It's been 7-8 years since the first issue. I thought they would try to get some extra mileage from the molds, as lots of countries use the A model. Now I wonder if they will box a B version. I've got everything I need for the conversion, but an out of the box B might get me to part with my cash.

I am shocked it took that long, they were sitting on a potential pile of money for a long time. The "A" had the more colorful schemes and more countries flew/fly them.

...............The "A" had the more colorful schemes and more countries flew/fly them.

Although the 'A' may have had the more colorful schemes, they were not flown by more countries. Including the US, only 4 countries fly the 'A' model. The 'C' is flown by 5 countries total.

That being said, I wouldn't mind doing a CF-18 from this boxing.

Cheers,

John

Although the 'A' may have had the more colorful schemes, they were not flown by more countries. Including the US, only 4 countries fly the 'A' model. The 'C' is flown by 5 countries total.

That being said, I wouldn't mind doing a CF-18 from this boxing.

Cheers,

John

Perhaps I should have said there are more color options for the "A" model. But off the top of my head I only count three countries who flew the C, not including the States. As well, three flew the "A" model.

Of the countries who fly the "C" (besides the States) there are not as many options for color or schemes.

(Finland 57 airframes , Kuwait 32 airframes , Swiss 26 airframes)

Mayalsia only has 8 D models.

Canada had something like 98 "A" models, Australia 57 "A" models, Spain 84 "A" models, and Kuwait 32 "A" models.

Spanish F-18s are on the fence, they are almost A+ standard but so are the Canadian and Australian Hornets.

I know, we are splitting hairs.

I have long felt the A model would have been the hotter seller.

Perhaps I should have said there are more color options for the "A" model. But off the top of my head I only count three countries who flew the C, not including the States. As well, three flew the "A" model.

Of the countries who fly the "C" (besides the States) there are not as many options for color or schemes.

(Finland 57 airframes , Kuwait 32 airframes , Swiss 26 airframes)

Mayalsia only has 8 D models.

Canada had something like 98 "A" models, Australia 57 "A" models, Spain 84 "A" models, and Kuwait 32 "A" models.

Spanish F-18s are on the fence, they are almost A+ standard but so are the Canadian and Australian Hornets.

I know, we are splitting hairs.

I have long felt the A model would have been the hotter seller.

Ah Yes, the Malaysian 'D' models. I was lumping them together with the 'C' operators. I stand corrected.

:cheers:

John

Sort of an aside to this post.

For those that have been asking, the -A model tails I'd announced on my website have finally gone into production and should be available in August. So for those folks with the C/D model kit, you can still backdate to the -A.

Also, even with this kit, those (5 or so) people that would be interested in doing an early production version, those tails (shipping with appropriate squadron decals) are also due in August.

FIP Era CAF/RCAF markings are done the core artwork and I'm just waiting to send them to the printer.

Thanks for allowing the shameless plug.

David

Sort of an aside to this post.

For those that have been asking, the -A model tails I'd announced on my website have finally gone into production and should be available in August. So for those folks with the C/D model kit, you can still backdate to the -A.

Also, even with this kit, those (5 or so) people that would be interested in doing an early production version, those tails (shipping with appropriate squadron decals) are also due in August.

FIP Era CAF/RCAF markings are done the core artwork and I'm just waiting to send them to the printer.

Thanks for allowing the shameless plug.

David

David,

Good to hear..... will be ordering those early 'A' tails from you when the are available. Have your sheet on it's way as we speak.

good news on the FIP stuff.

Emil

I hope by calling an "A+" we can build an R2 CF-18AM jet with all of the updated components like IFF antenna, etc. If so I will be getting one of these along with David's FIP decals when I get back from overseas in the new year. Even better would be to do a CF-18BM.

Denis

I hope by calling an "A+" we can build an R2 CF-18AM jet with all of the updated components like IFF antenna, etc. If so I will be getting one of these along with David's FIP decals when I get back from overseas in the new year. Even better would be to do a CF-18BM.

Denis

Denis,

The 'C' Boxing has everything for the CF-188AM except the tails even the early IP is included, all you would need is the 'A' tails and David will be supplying those soon. So really any boxing could work. You can pick up a ACA 1/32nd Bug for usually in the mid $70 range here in the buy and sell.... which would leave you with plenty of cash for any AM products you may desire.

I am thinking this release will be expensive.....

Emil

I am thinking this release will be expensive.....

Emil

...That's my fear, as well...we've waited years for an OOB Early hornet, Academy finally puts it out at a much higher price point than the original releases (especially the going rate on the second-hand market), so folks will opt to pick up an earlier release (or balk at buying the new realease at all);, it will be a slow seller, and then Academy (and others holding back on similar projects [e.g. Tamiaya & F-16A/B models])will point to this as justification as to why these releases are so risky...Grrrr.