Advice needed on Airbrushes

OK, I've just got back to modelling for the first time in about 15 years and I'm thinking about buying an airbrush.

Now the problem is I'm on a real budget, 1 kid here, another due in about 6 weeks (Ouch) and I've seen some small airbrushes that use canned air as opposed to a compressor.

Should I even bother with them in the meantime, or should I stick to brushes until I get some decent cash together?

If I were you, I would wait until I scraped some cash together and get a decient airbrush (a nice set up runs a little over $100 with out the compressor). You will get better results with this setup than a cheap airbrush. I found this out the hard way by getting one of those cheap airbrushes then switching to a nice IWATA.

Hope this helps.

-Chris

Get the Badger and rent a can of air (with regulator) from a welding supply shop. It'll last a long time and give you an opportunity to recover from having kids - buy your compressor later.