Holmes' Excellent Waddington Adventure !

Final group ...

waddingtonairshowJuly1st2012023.jpg

waddingtonairshowJuly1st2012024.jpg

waddingtonairshowJuly1st2012026.jpg

waddingtonairshowJuly1st2012010.jpg

(All photos © Holmes 2012)

Looks like Holmes went to a really nice show ...

Thanks for sharing your Day with us, Holmes !

~Gregg

Edited by GreyGhost

Lots of great photos. Thanks for sharing Holmes' photos with us. Any idea what the markings on the intake of the Phantom represents? I've tried but can't seem to grasp the meaning of the numbers and letters around the silhouettes of the Phantoms.

Edited by fasteagle12

Gregg,

I need to say a BIG THANK you for taking the time to post these for ME and also for

resizing them otherwise I would have hogged the whole darn page for each photo. :salute:

I know it was a long haul for you on MY behalf { sending a photo one by one ... :coolio: } but this is quite impressive what you have done with the phosots that I took.

Jim...I am on My way to see the e -Mail...I guess I can think what it may tell ME ... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks.. Gregg and Thank you to those that have commented.. { Not everyday do I do this.post photos I mean..} :yahoo:

Nice group of pics, looks like a nice day out & not such awful weather as some other parts of the UK have been having by the look of it. Especially like the AN-2, my kind of aeroplane. Thanks for sharing.

Steve.

Strange to see people in jackets and coats in the middle of summer. Me and a bud went to the USAF Museum yesterday - it was 104F! Lots of chicks in shorts and tank-tops. Oh, and planes too...

What's missing is a photo of the elusive Holmes himself (herself?). Has anyone actually seen him? Or is he a myth?

bob

sierrascale

Too Kool!!!!! Great pics, thanks for posting them up for HOLMES, and HOLMES, thanks for sharing your day, looked like a great air show. Hard to pick a favorite pic, all great subjects.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

You are too kind xmh53wrench...all the hard work goes to Gregg.

...Still a BIG THANK YOU goes to Greeg for all his effort.

I know you like your hot rods. and I did see a lot of Ford T motor cars, MINI COOPERS, Jaguars, Morris Minors and really old Mustangs etc. :whistle:

you would have enjoyed that part too.

Thnaks for your post. :thumbsup:

OK now I'm officially very jealous, I can't get to an airshow like that and take really good pics like our good Holmes :crying2::worship: :worship: . Well at least I can be proud and jealous at the same time. Some very good pics and he included one of my fave's the venerable Tornado. Way to go Holmesy ya done good. Next time invite me along....naaah never mind me wheelie 'asn't learned to swim, and the Atlantic is very wide and deep.

......i was secretly lusting over that Lotus 7.....well done,

And I just adore Morris Minors!!!! Actually owned one for a bit...:-)

....I actually talked to the guy who was stood near the Lotus and had a peek inside ..the Leatehr seats etc was all hand made...

When I asked about it the guy told ME that it was made on their premises in Newark..I said it looked like a kit car and he said that IT WAS a KIT CAR...

they produced the kit and people bought them and this was what they were advetising..

there was another green sports car in similar vein next to it but the red was striking...

I think you would have enjoyed that ... :thumbsup:

OK now I'm officially very jealous, I can't get to an airshow like that and take really good pics like our good Holmes :crying2::worship: :worship: . Well at least I can be proud and jealous at the same time. Some very good pics and he included one of my fave's the venerable Tornado. Way to go Holmesy ya done good. Next time invite me along....naaah never mind me wheelie 'asn't learned to swim, and the Atlantic is very wide and deep.

Greywold.Clif..You are welcome..

Do not be jealous...THIS WAS A FLUKE..THERE ARE SOME really great photographers here.. :coolio:

I think the next time there is an air show I will have to see if some crechief can smuggle you in to the UK in their Herc or Galaxy... :whistle:

• 1 month later...