F-14A VF-154 NF-101 1/48

f14tomcatbysethos88.jpg

Here's what I've been working on the last couple of days. For now I have almost all that I need, I'll buy also the Aires nozzle set, Angle probe, and resin wheels.

Bye

51700800.jpg

sdc13941o.jpg

sdc13940x.jpg

sdc13939w.jpg

sdc13938w.jpg

sdc13937r.jpg

sdc13934h.jpg

sdc13933w.jpg

sdc13936.jpg

Edited by veliko_pile

Looks like an amazing start!!

If it matters to you, the gun vents you're using were never paired with the gun gas purge vents in front of the boarding ladder. If you use that piece, you need the NACA vents up front.

And hopefully a set of Fightertown Decals will go on this Tomcat ;)

can't wait to see more!

-brian

If it matters to you, the gun vents you're using were never paired with the gun gas purge vents in front of the boarding ladder. If you use that piece, you need the NACA vents up front.

can't wait to see more!

-brian

Great product placement Brian! By the way, Brian's decals are awesome! They would look very nice on your Tomcat.

can't wait to see more!

-brian

I saw that early models of the A had the grill vents on the gun, but somewhere here on the forum I saw the grilled gas purge vents on the same a/c. If i put the grilled gun vents what should I put on the gas purge vent place?

And I will use the FighterTown decals yes, I'm looking for a mean Low Vis scheme, this one looks badass:

http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-squadron-vf101-03.jpg

This decals should fit that scheme right? http://www.fightertowndecals.com/files/160Aweb.jpg

And what color do I need for that one, I see it says FS 35327 and FS 36081, I use mainly Vallejo color, anyone have a clue what could I use that is similar to that colors?

Outstanding work! I am curious though....where did your wing sweep seals come from?

Thanks, I did it myself. I cut along the lines at about 3-4mm leaving a empty space inside, so I got only the frame. Then i put some styrene at the bottom to give more strength to the structure. Then I took model clay and made the typical "wave" look of the bag, when the clay was cured, I noticed it was not perfectly smooth so I had to vacuform 2 piece of 0,2 plastic. When I did that I glued this parts on top of the clay, polished all with 1000 grit paper, sanded and puttyed the sides and joints. With the mr surfacer 500 liquid putty and a piece of foam I made the texture of the seal, and then added some more details that I saw on reference pictures, like a patch on the left side, made some rivets.

This is the process, hope you understand it :)

I need your help...

I think I'll be doing this cat:

f14squadronvf10103.jpg

http://www.fightertowndecals.com/files/160Aweb.jpg

I see I need FS 35327 Medium Gray and Euro 1 gray FS 36081. I paint mostly with Vallejo paints, I found that they have the Euro 1 gray, they call it Gunship gray. But I cannot find the FS 35327 color, anyone have an idea what Vallejo color is the closest to the FS 35327, or some other acrylic equivalent?

Thanks

I need your help...

I think I'll be doing this cat:

f14squadronvf10103.jpg

http://www.fightertowndecals.com/files/160Aweb.jpg

I see I need FS 35327 Medium Gray and Euro 1 gray FS 36081. I paint mostly with Vallejo paints, I found that they have the Euro 1 gray, they call it Gunship gray. But I cannot find the FS 35327 color, anyone have an idea what Vallejo color is the closest to the FS 35327, or some other acrylic equivalent?

Thanks

I'm not sure what is the exact serial number but I'm pretty sure Lifecolor has the paint you seek.

Mark

You may also want to look at the Mr Color line form Gunze, they have a long list of water based acrylic's that may help. Also I always thought Euro 1 was a shade darker then Gunship but I may be wrong.

Jim

Well you could always built it to a point where your ready to paint and at that time you may have been able to save up the 40 Euro's to get it. I have it and I learned a thing or two which is why I got it. If you have alot or plan on building a ew Low Vis USN planes it would be worth getting.

Jim

Edited by Hornet78

What shade of gray should I use for the cockpit?

I'm working now on the cockpit zone, finished the canopy on the inside, added vents to the cooling system of the RIO's DDD, added some wires, replaced the molded resin part (I think it's a display of the HUD or something that have to do with the HUD) with a clear sprue.

Bye

sdc13970.jpg

sdc13972r.jpg

sdc13973e.jpg

sdc13974k.jpg

sdc13975.jpg

sdc13977g.jpg

I really like your canopy!! I´m so gonna steal ideas from you! :D

Was the HUD lens green in the F-14? I haven´t found any good refs showing it really...

I really like your canopy!! I´m so gonna steal ideas from you! :D

Was the HUD lens green in the F-14? I haven´t found any good refs showing it really...

thanks, feel free to take ideas from here, I would be honored :)

I saw that a lot of modelers do the HUD in green. The windshield will be also light green. From some ref. pics I found on the DACO book, I think it was green

Niiice :D

Looks a bit like poo at this stage tho :P

HAHAHHAHAHA GOOD ONE! You made me actually laugh really hard... It's some kind of sculpt material that needs to be baked, I think I left it too much time in the oven so it's a little carbonized >.< but a little bit of paint should do the trick