A-4M Skyhawk underside?

I'm finally finishing up a lo-vis A-4M that I started in winter, and have had a hard time finding any decent photos of the underside. I'd like to get the weathering fairly accurate if I can, but so far I don't have much to go on. My other question has to do with color--references list this as a light gray, but in most of the photos I've seen that do show a little of the underside, it looks very close to white to me. Was it ever white, or is it just a very light shade of gray?

Thanks in advance for any help! I should have it in the Critique Corner in a week or so.

Low-vis aircraft wouldn't have white bottoms. It would be gray.

There wouldn't be a lot of weathering generally. If one place got dirty, it would be around and behind the access panel between the flaps, which could leak oil. But it is tough to find images of the bottom of used aircraft - pictures of undersides are usually taken in peacetime, and in those times they are usually carrying fuel tanks which shield our view of the fuselage. You can find lots of images of modern Brazilian or Argentinian A-4 bottoms, but those aircraft are well maintained and don't show much dirt.

Refs say FS36495, which is, as you posted, referred-to as "Light Gray". That should be the correct match for the 'negative' markings used on the darker sides & top surfaces. As mentioned, it probably didn't 'fade' so much as get dirty. Look forward to seeing your build.