19 members have voted

1. 1. would you participate?

• yes
    • maybe
    • no

Hi all,

I would like to propose a GB idea. The golden age of aviation. Any A/C built and flown between 1919 and 1939, military or civil. I think this would give a pretty good range of interesting models from USAAC and USN yellow wings, RAF silver wings to the great civil icons like the ford tri-motor or The spirit of St.Louis. Let me know what you guys think.

Cheers,

Rusty.

Well, the "mess" is straight. Steve started up both late threads. Just need the mods of those threads to post their rules, and such.

Also, Golden Age question. Good idea, been done a couple times but thats ok, lots of people like modeling this era.

Glad to see there is some interest!

@Ross, that maybe a neat idea to open it up a bit more and add cars from the same period(there were as many odd and beautiful cars as there were planes in that period).

Any body have any ideas about maybe some sponsors that could be asked? I figured if nothing else i could offer up some starfighter decals out of the stash as raffle prizes.

Cheers,

Rusty

:D, Have to agree there Rusty. Only thing I wish is that there were more car kits from that era available in Australia. Not only American cars but European, Japanese and English ones as well. There are some great cars, now all we need is to convince the kit makers to start producing some of them. could we also widen it to trucks from the era. Just thinking in print, but it may be an idea as there are a number of truck and bus kits out there from the Golden Age.

:cheers:,

Ross.

Edited by ross blackford

@Ross, that maybe a neat idea to open it up a bit more and add cars from the same period(there were as many odd and beautiful cars as there were planes in that period).

That would be awesome, I have recently been itching to build my first car kit, and since I love cars from the 10's, 20's, and 30's, but will probably never be able to afford a real one, maybe I can live vicariously through plastic. Maybe a Model T or a 20's Dodge.