1/24 Miku Hatsune GoodSmile BMW Z4 GT3 2011

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey, i just purchased this kit, and I will be waiting for it, in the mean-time, is there any tips you could add in, any little quirks this car seems to have? it Looks amazing finished, I can only hope I can make mine look half as good as yours! Also, do the directions give you a guide to what order they should be placed? I should be able to figure it out on my own but to rest my mind of the idea. Oh and will I need to get transparent red for the tail lights? I am assuming I will but can always hope I don't.

Hey, i just purchased this kit, and I will be waiting for it, in the mean-time, is there any tips you could add in, any little quirks this car seems to have? it Looks amazing finished, I can only hope I can make mine look half as good as yours! Also, do the directions give you a guide to what order they should be placed? I should be able to figure it out on my own but to rest my mind of the idea. Oh and will I need to get transparent red for the tail lights? I am assuming I will but can always hope I don't.

No tricks needed for this kit, it builds up without fuss. When building up the body, it's best to install all the vents and ducts before painting because some of the decals do go over these parts.

The instructions does list out the order in which to apply the decals. Expect to do a lot of trimming and cutting.

1. The ducts on the bonnet (if you don't paint them)

2-1. Vinyl graphics on the bonnet

2-2. Character decal on the bonnet. Do note that you will have to perform a vertical cut on the right side to get the decal to fit, before using the supplied "repair" decal to fix up this portion.

2-3. Silver striping

2-4. Vinyl graphics on the body

2-5. The rest of the character decals

3. Sponsor decals

For the tail lights, I used Tamiya Clear Red on the reverse side (the side that faces inward when glued onto the body).