Welcome! / مرحبا / سل&#1

Welcome aboard Iran-Iraq War GB.

Iran-Iraq war was armed conflict between armed forces of Iran and Iraq and was the longest conventional war of 20th century, lasting from September 1980 until August 1988. The war began when Iraq forces invaded Iran, hoping for an easy fight due to the suspected chaos in the Iran's military because of Islamic revolution. However Iran responded quickly and by 1982 regained all the lost territories and was on offensive until the cease-fire in 1988.

Given the fact, that both countries used cool camouflages on their aircraft and the fact they were using a wide selection of Soviet, US and French aircraft, we deem this Group Build could be of interest to many modellers, looking to build a different Phantom, Tomcat or Super Etendard for example.

Giving recognition to Steve's efforts for trying to make ARC a home to all sorts of modellers, we encourage you to build armor, ships, dioramas and anything else from that period.

We also have 3 sponsors for this group build - Hi-Decal, Begemot and Balkan Models which will donate 5 decals sheets each for the raffle at the end of the groupbuild.

I hope you're gonna have fun building models for this group and I wish you Happy Modelling!

• 2 weeks later...

I hope I'm posting in the right section.

I am currently making a Mig-29UB but I am struggling to find colour references

for the Iran-Iraq war (It's started so it will not be included on this GB) :crying2: .

Apparently a UB crew defected to Iran!

The colours on the decal sheet are given for 1991 Gulf War, so any help you can give

regarding the earlier.

Cheers

Deacon

as far as I know, they were painted in standard grey/green grey camo all their service life, apart from those that defected to Iran in the wake of Op Desert Storm and were later repainted by IRIAF.

Thank you sir. :thumbsup:

Deacon

you're welcome

how far are you with this build? partialy build models are also eligible to enter the GB

Its built and had the first coat of paint applied, A bit too far.

But, I have others in the stash that I will put foward, don't you worry sir. :thumbsup:

Deacon

Sebastijan,

I hope you don't mind me picking your brains again?

Here is a shot of the Mig-29UB I am doing...

IMG_0654.jpg

Do you thing the grey/green is the right shade, or should it be darker?

Cheers

Deacon

• 4 months later...