patriot missile system part of

hi all

finally got round to finishing one of these,its been hanging round unpainted for too long.its finished for me anyway,its an arll kit,though not complicated,quite easy in fact,its a subject not seen in models much,which is why i made it,just another three in the complete set to finish,i,ll try and complete them this week and show you.i have included the box pic as well.these kits are very cheap,and probably someone who likes scratch building,would be able to make a stunning model out of this,but you will have to do with mine until someone does, cheers don

011-15.jpg

013-13.jpg

0052-5.jpg

0062-6.jpg

0072-7.jpg

012-13.jpg

010-19.jpg

009-19.jpg

008-18.jpg

thanks don

hi rob,honestly does the paint job look ok,mucked up a bit round windows,but i thought it looked ok for what it is a representation of the radar system and not a photo.as the models themselves are very simplified,just as well,im only on skill level 1 seemingly.quite a few companies do these kits,the ones i have are by arll,but i could,nt get the missile launcher by arll,but i found heller do the same kit,but with an improved decal selection,as the other kits have the same decals,in all kits,also the missile launcher has some extra platforms on the trailer back.plus clear glass in the cabs,as the others have smoked,not that it makes any difference as there is no details in the cabs only a representation of 4 seats,galaxy(fujian)toys do the same kits with clear cab glass and smaller decal sheet but same kit and whoever did the english translation on the galaxy kit instructions (see enclosed pic)want taking outside and first against the wall lol.

you do get a nice little informative booklet with the kits,which include,all the serie,s of missile launchers,which are basically very good but smaller and simplified than the beast...but still very good.i,ll put the pics on cheers don

I see what you were talking about on the windows. I hadn't noticed that before. Thanks for posting the literature. That's cool info to have to have. I'm glad you didn't try to follow those directions though. You may have ended up building a boat instead. :rofl: It would be cool to have a diorama of the entire PAtriot system, but in that scale it'd be huge! I think 1/72 would be much more feasible. Take care!

Rob