Use this thread to show us what you're entering. Valid entries should be actual aircraft either captured in combat, as a war prize, or interned. You are more than welcome to enter Whifs, but they will not count towards any raffles. Let the capturing begin!

This might be a good excuse to build a Finn LaGG-3.

Would diverted or 3rd party aircraft be acceptable?

Examples of diverted aircraft being Curtiss Hawk / P-36 or Curtiss SBC Helldivers ordered by the French but then sent to the British since France surrendered while they were enroute.

An example of 3rd party being French MS-406s captured by the Germans then sold to their ally Finland.

Use this thread to show us what you're entering. Valid entries should be actual aircraft either captured in combat, as a war prize, or interned. You are more than welcome to enter Whifs, but they will not count towards any raffles. Let the capturing begin!

:( :( :(

So I am assuming a valid entry is one with documentation and photographic evidence of its existance?

Well I'm in with a Finnish I-16. While Finland ended up with a number of I-16's of various condition, only one aircraft was ever restored to flying status. It was never used in combat but was tested extensively and even rearmed at one point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

As soon as I finish my (rather late) entry into the now completed acrobatic aircraft GB, I plan on working on an entry for this GB. This build will be something well outside my usual comfort zone! I plan on building a 1/72 Fw-190 G-3 tested at Wright Field in 1943. I hope to shoot some photos later today and start a thread in the GB.

Have fun modeling!

Mike

:cheers: