Azur SNCASO 4050 Vautour IIN

$(KGrHqF,!pkE7BcvgGFNBO15ilCK!w~~60_12.JPG

Hi there :stupid:

Well a long awaited kit just pick up from custome office (well at least for me ) is the SNCASO 4050 Vautour IIN in 1/72 scale very interesting kit indee but I notice that can be improved in some points but still need more information one of the is close or photo detail of the parachute housing, weapons bay and airbrakes, also missing and really needed badly is the adition of the wing weapons pylons (2 per wing) also wondering which fuel tank use on them because they doesn't like those used in Marcel Dassault Mystere/Mirages family :bandhead2:

Also can be helpfull scaned 1/72 3D drawings if someone can help me here please send them to armandogiron@yahoo.com

Best modeling

Armando

Expect many correcions for this kit...

- wrong shape of canopy

porwnanie3.jpg

Red outlines - real, yellow - kit canopy

- wrong intakes

VAUTOUR_21.jpgintake.jpg

- no main undercarriage well interiors (very busy in real Vautour)

- no armament pylons

Israeli V2N's carried the additional fuel tank in bomb bay, the doors were sealed closed.

More informations next week when I'll return home.

Well a long awaited kit just pick up from custome office (well at least for me ) is the SNCASO 4050 Vautour IIN in 1/72 scale very interesting kit indee but I notice that can be improved in some points but still need more information one of the is close or photo detail of the parachute housing, weapons bay and airbrakes, also missing and really needed badly is the adition of the wing weapons pylons (2 per wing) also wondering which fuel tank use on them because they doesn't like those used in Marcel Dassault Mystere/Mirages family :bandhead2:

Also can be helpfull scaned 1/72 3D drawings if someone can help me here please send them to armandogiron@yahoo.com

Best modeling

Armando

Hi Armando!

Could you take some photo about the sprues and put them in this page??? I am interested in this kit also but i can find any review and preview about this.

Thank's a lot

Cheers Polo

Here the parts

28.280.jpg

28.282.jpg

28.285.jpg

28.289.jpg

28.293.jpg

28.295.jpg

28.296.jpg

The other issue is the IIB

VautourIIB.jpg

The main difference is the fuselage sprue

p1160326.jpg

p1160327.jpg

I was checking for shapes and dimentions for the underwing fuel tanks and my candidates for the moment are long fuel tanks from Hawker Hunter FGA mk9 Matchbox and napalm canisters from old ESCI/Italeri F-5A in 1/72 scale missing information about vortex generators upper and down side of wings, shape of weapons pylons, and parachute houssing

Best modelling

Armando

This book:

http://www.amazon.fr/SO-4050-Vautour-op%C3%A9rationnelle-laviation/dp/B000XA21ZE

is best reference for Vautour models, contains very accurate 1/72 plans of all versions. I have it in my library, 300 dpi scans of these plans (all types of fuel tanks are drawn too) will be e-mailed next week.

I only recently came across information about the Heller 1/50nd scale Vautour kit, which must be a fair age

I saw a photograph of one boxing of this kit, which doesn't confirm any sub type

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/Hugr1/Heller50Vautour.jpg

I saw a photograph of another boxing of this kit where the sub type is given as being the IIN

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/Hugr1/Heller50Vautour1.jpg

Does anybody know if they the same or somewhat different one from the other ?

What is the significance of the Buzco boxing of this kit ? Does in include any after market correction or detailing sets for example ?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/Hugr1/BuzcoHellerVautour.jpg

Haven't read anything that's very much in favour of this kit - perhaps, we're a little guilty of judging it a little too harshly from today's lofty standpoint - anyone care to share their experience or perception of this kit ?

Do the short-run FM & Hitech kits offer significant advantages or have more to recommend them ?

Grateful for your input ;

Kind Regards

Hugh

Best modeling

Armando

Bought the same kit and naturally found the same problem.

I found online pics of the various resin kit as reference and some walkaround and this site;

I've bought also this book,but despite it is of great interest for any IDF fan for the plane's history in Israel ,it lack of any technical or scale drawings.

So I join the appeal for help from Armando,

Gianni

Bought the same kit and naturally found the same problem.

I found online pics of the various resin kit as reference and some walkaround and this site;

I've bought also this book,but despite it is of great interest for any IDF fan for the plane's history in Israel ,it lack of any technical or scale drawings.

So I join the appeal for help from Armando,

Gianni

Well Gianni

Some loong years ago Isradecal issue the decals at the time the kit was only part of the wish list and I made the assumption if they print the decals maybe a new kit will see birth soon but nothing happend then AD Graphic publish a book same story but now at least we have a plastic injected starting point

More trouble well don't include any detail for bomb bay, or upper and bottom main wings vorte generators, or the ladders or APU starting units, maybe to open air brakes

I still need a IIA!!!!!!

Best modeling

Armando

Edited by RAGATIGER

Hi Gianni

Well It going to happend nexr month I already dry modeling expenses for this one, most urgent project is to finish new workbench (I bought wood yesterday)

Here the sprue of a 1/48 scale kit and here the link http://www.master194.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=67104

dscn0294kn.jpg

So I'll have to make some assuption with a vernier caliper but now I think I'll be able to measure indirectly the weapons pylons and fuel tanks

and also found this

400px-Vautour_IIN.svg.png

now we know the position of the weapons pylons and thr generl shape of stock SNCASO fuel tanks I been checking photos and lots of them are with normal 800 lts fuel tanks similar to long range used in Super Mysteres and Mirages

20090113493.jpg

1/72 scale plans:

click

Download, unpack (RAR-packed pdf file) and enjoy!

Vautour

1000 Thanks Vautour

Now I just realized not all SNCASO Vautour had the vortex generators on the main wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Cheers

Armando

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would like to modify this kit to represent the prototype. Can anyone help with the details please? The main difference, I think, is the lack of a dorsal spine and different canopy.

John